Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Addicted
3,649 Posts
You will be MUCH happier, and safer with that trailer. I dig the green too. Wise investment IMO.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
U may remember my last attempt to find a trailer. If not its the first pic. Anyway I upgraded lightly. Dual axle 6.5X16. I think this one may work just a bit better!
:redrzr: How does it tow behind your SUV? Is it a heavy trailer? I was planning on going with a dual axle aluminum because of the lighter weight. I plan to tow with an AWD car also.
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U may remember my last attempt to find a trailer. If not its the first pic. Anyway I upgraded lightly. Dual axle 6.5X16. I think this one may work just a bit better!
:redrzr: How does it tow behind your SUV? Is it a heavy trailer? I was planning on going with a dual axle aluminum because of the lighter weight. I plan to tow with an AWD car also.
Thanks, Steve
It is fairly heavy. It was originally built to move antique tractors (notice the John Deere green paint). I pulled it from southern oh to northern mi and was worried about exactly what your asking. The second axle helps it track down the road and keeps the back of the car stable. Pulling it is fairly easy. Was able to pull it at 70mph with the cruise on under 1900rpm. Engine temp stayed good even on the hills on the country rds. I did have to do an unexpected stop once. The car stayed in control and kept the trailer behind but I wouldn't want it to be anymore than half loaded if I had to do that again. I'm concerned about winter driving but we'll see how that goes. Overall I very happy with it. I'd really recommend the second axle as it really makes the trailer stable and easier to control behind a relatively light car.

·
Registered
501 Posts
sounds like you could use some trailer brakes

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
brake controller basically works both rear axle brakes.
often I wont apply the tow vehicle brake pedal with my foot and only touch the controller with my thumb.
If you were ever in a sudden stop and the trailer was pushing you that trick will straighten the tow vehicle. particularly snow.
touching the controller only is great on some hill descents and rolling over railroad tracks.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Nice trailer. Much better than the first option. When your trailer tires are smaller than your S tires...you might have trouble :rofl3:
Get some trailer brakes! Watch the tongue weight to with that FWD or AWD traverse (not sure which model you have)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deffinetly aware of the weight distribution. Another nice thing about the dual axles is there is plenty of space to spread the weight over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 28ft. Toy hauler. Just ordered some doors for my RZR , now I'm wondering how it will be to load it in the trailer, and then try to get out of it! Might have to use the winch to get it in the trailer,or crawl out the back. I'll have to see. Should be fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts