Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Turbo S in the next 6 months and am wondering if it will fit on my current trailer. The trailer is a 16’ dual axle landscape style but it’s 74.5 inches wide between the railings and fenders on it. I know they list it at 72 but is that that total or does tire bulge come into play? I plan to buy a larger open trailer but not for a few more years. Does anyone else have one that fits on a trailer like this? Any help is appreciated

edited to add: no dealers close to me have any or know when they will get any and I will be going 7ish hours to get it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most Turbo S's measure about 74" out to out of the tires completely stock. So in theory you'll fit with a 1/4" to spare on each side but that's cutting it really close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most Turbo S's measure about 74" out to out of the tires completely stock. So in theory you'll fit with a 1/4" to spare on each side but that's cutting it really close.
I’m worried it will be too close. I’m fine with it being snug but don’t want it to be so close it won’t fit once I get up there to get it.

·
AZNorseman
53 Posts
I think you're going to be too tight. I have a trailer that is 77" wide and have very little room on either side. Most times I have a side rubbing the rail. When going to the dunes I have to bring my sand tires with and change them once I'm out there, because the fronts are a little too wide for the trailer and back paddles are way to wide to fit. I'd recommend like an 84" wide trailer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The distance between my fender wells in my trailer is 76"+-.

If I don't put the car in "FIRM" mode before loading the car, it will go in, but I can hear the tires "squeal" as they brush up against the fenders on 1 side or the other. When I load in firm mode, goes right in with room to spare.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have read where people will ratchet strap their suspension. Basically holding the wheels in closer gaining several inches. It prevents the car from sagging down and the suspension spreading out. Easy to do and free.

·
Registered
229 Posts
FWIW... Manual says to leave the key on and secure the vehicle in comfort mode. Otherwise it will loosen the tie downs as the suspension settles. I tried it and sure enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like I just need to get a bigger trailer. Buddy has a car trailer I can borrow to go get it if need be so I may just end up going that route. Thanks for everyone’s help!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I have a 77x12 trailer and it's beyond tight. Have to load in firm mode. I'm running a 5/2 wheel with a 35x10 tire and I'm 76" wide. I know my other buddy has a stock turbo s and he is right around 74 ish wide. I would want a 77" wide trailer at minimum. Anything over 77 you will b in car hauler territory. My 77 is a single axle utility trailer. It's a tight fit and works perfectly if I'm just taking my rzr.

·
Registered
765 Posts
FWIW... Manual says to leave the key on and secure the vehicle in comfort mode. Otherwise it will loosen the tie downs as the suspension settles. I tried it and sure enough.
Which is exactly why you DO NOT secure these vehicles by the suspension or by anything related to the suspension.

·
Registered
765 Posts
All of these questions that constantly pop up related to will it fit on this trailer, will it fit on that trailer, will it fit in my toy hauler, what size toy hauler do i need, what size trailer do i need, what size enclosed trailer do i need, ALL of those questions can easily be asked by simply visiting polaris's website...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of these questions that constantly pop up related to will it fit on this trailer, will it fit on that trailer, will it fit in my toy hauler, what size toy hauler do i need, what size trailer do i need, what size enclosed trailer do i need, ALL of those questions can easily be asked by simply visiting polaris's website...
Actually according to the website, I would be fine at 72. However considering that’s only a measurement to the wheel, I was asking for real world experience being so close and it turns out, it’s wider than the website says taking tires into account. No need for the smart ass remark.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Take it however you would like, but replying with comments like that around here wont make you any friends.

I would suggest that you quickly learn how to use the search function here, but then again you seem to think im just here to pick on you. So there for, i cant suggest you do anything to learn how to help your self.

Goodluck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Take it however you would like, but replying with comments like that around here wont make you any friends.

I would suggest that you quickly learn how to use the search function here, but then again you seem to think im just here to pick on you. So there for, i cant suggest you do anything to learn how to help your self.

Goodluck
I can do plenty to help myself. I have searched but there’s not a lot on trailer fitment for the S specifically related to my situation. And it’s a different animal than other RZRs. I searched for close to an hour before posting this actually. Never said you’re here to just pick on me, just not taking any crap off some random on an Internet forum either when I was just simply asking a specific question about a specific RZR and trailer. That’s all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Buy a trailer that’s 83” between the fenders and don’t look back.if you put aftermarket wheels and tires on it down the road you won’t have to worry about fitting on the trailer.I have 16x83. I believe it’s a ul2163 tandem 3500lb axles w/brakes and folding rear gate for just hauling 1 machine and other misc items it’s awesome.I always buy a trailer bigger than what i need at the moment and haven’t regretted it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buy a trailer that’s 83” between the fenders and don’t look back.if you put aftermarket wheels and tires on it down the road you won’t have to worry about fitting on the trailer.I have 16x83. I believe it’s a ul2163 tandem 3500lb axles w/brakes and folding rear gate for just hauling 1 machine and other misc items it’s awesome.I always buy a trailer bigger than what i need at the moment and haven’t regretted it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m between one that size and just going ahead and getting a 25-30 gooseneck to use around the farm and haul 2 machines on too if need be when we go out of state for rides and such.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m between one that size and just going ahead and getting a 25-30 gooseneck to use around the farm and haul 2 machines on too if need be when we go out of state for rides and such.
You'll be fine with that trailer. Put it in firm when you load it and tie it down by the tires. I use e track. But they make several tie downs that go around the the tire. Order tender springs right after you buy it and eliminate the quick sagging. Not having the room will make it tricky loading it. My friend uses the front camera to help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts