Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Great forum here. I'm hoping for some advice.

Can anyone reccomend to me what size trailer I would need to haul a RZR-S and an RZR 170?

Ideally I'd like to be able to park the trailer in my garage. I have an open space there that is 22' front to back.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, i just bought a 20' car hauler style to haul mine and my dads rzr-s.

We probably could have gotten away with an 18' trailer, but it would be real tight when pulling the 2nd one up and on. I have the space, so i opted for the 20' to have a little more leeway.

I would probably get an 18', that should JUST fit in your 22' space. that way if you ever did want to haul 2 rzr's, or get a 4 seater + 170, or something like that you wouldn't have to buy a new trailer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.

I was trying to figure out a way to go w/a shorter trailer and perhaps park the 170 on it sideways. Not sure I can do that or not.

An 18 footer would be nice but it would be a very tight fit in the garage I think.

Also I have a very narrow driveway and a side entrance style garage, so the longer the trailer is the more difficult it is going to be to try and back that bad boy in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whats the overall length on the 170? and its wheel base?

My other trailer is a 14' x 77", Single axle, got a ramp gate on the back and removable ramps up front. That might work perfect for putting the 170 in sideways. You could drive/push it right up on. Single axle would be good for making the tight turn too..

It fits RZR + quad (quad is sideways) easily. i remember seeing the 170, didnt look much bigger then a quad.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I know you have heard this before but bigger is better! IMO I would get the biggest you can afford and safely tow. Most will tell you that no matter what size trailer they have, they wish they had more space and or bought the next size up:ride:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, here are the maths on this

The specs on the 170:

Length:85"
Width:47"
Height:55"

Wheel Base: 65"

The Specs on the RZR-S

Length:102"
Width:60.5"
Height:70.5"

Wheel Base: 77"

Now if my plan is to park the RZR-S in strait and the 170 on sideways I would need a trailer to accomodate a Length of at least 12.4 Ft. (Length of RZR-S
+ width of 170) and a width of at least 65" (wheel base of the 170).

So the minimum size trailer would be 12.4ft. X 5.41 ft.

It seems like a trailer like this might work: it is 14 ft. X 6.5 ft.

https://majestictrailer.com/view_product.php?id=31299&category_id=4

Although I'm not certain how I'll physically get the 170 in sideways. maybe drive it up on ramps or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts