Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, thanks for having me. I have a 2014 rzr 1000xp. Locally have a few sets of used tracks and curious if anyone has went this route.
#1- Set of 2011 tatou 4s atv tracks. I found a post where someone used them and had no issues, but the ones I have available would need hub adapters as the tracks have a 136mm bolt pattern and rzr has 156mm.
#2- Is a set of tracks off a 2012 Ranger 800, the gear ratio shows it is off a bit, bit not sure if it is enough to matter in the conditions.
Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I recently installed a set of Camoplast for a friend that were originally on his 800 and put them on a 1k General 4. We got a install kit through Camso ( I think they were bought out) and had to swap the front drivers to the rear and rear to the front to match what the ratio needed to be. Easy swap.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I want a set for sure. I was going to get some this year but I got a new truck instead....... Have been looking used as $3000 is about my max price point and MSRP is just over $5000.

Call your local Camoplast dealer. They have complete change over kits that have to be installed at a dealer. I believe it as $599 to have done so just figure that into the price of a used set.

Also make sure you are getting the UTV tracks not the ATV tracks. The UTV have a larger foot print to carry the weigh of the heavier/larger machines.

I am sure you have done your research, but just make sure your expectations are in line with what you want. These tracks are a great, "go anywhere do anything" system if you run them properly. These are not a snowmobile replacement and if you treat them as such you will end up with a lot of broken parts and be complaining.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I want a set for sure. I was going to get some this year but I got a new truck instead....... Have been looking used as $3000 is about my max price point and MSRP is just over $5000.

Call your local Camoplast dealer. They have complete change over kits that have to be installed at a dealer. I believe it as $599 to have done so just figure that into the price of a used set.

Also make sure you are getting the UTV tracks not the ATV tracks. The UTV have a larger foot print to carry the weigh of the heavier/larger machines.

I am sure you have done your research, but just make sure your expectations are in line with what you want. These tracks are a great, "go anywhere do anything" system if you run them properly. These are not a snowmobile replacement and if you treat them as such you will end up with a lot of broken parts and be complaining.
I'm curious, why they have to be installed at a dealer?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm curious, why they have to be installed at a dealer?
They do not have to be. If you want to spend $1500 getting all of the individual parts to do the change over you can do it yourself, if you can find the parts.n If you do not want to participate in their program you do not have to go to the dealer.

Or the company has a deal that is only offered though their dealers for $599 you can get the the complete transfer kit along with the conversion. All of this information is readily available on their site with full details....... Transfer kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts