Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw this on my way home from work this afternoon. I think I found a solution to the conundrum... having a TH big enough to carry all the toys and a TV big enough to handle it! And you can get there in a hurry, while living out a childhood dream! Never-mind the janky connection.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We really like our ATC 28’ front bath. Fits 2 XPT 2 seat machines. My wife has the XPT and I still love my quad. Eventually we will get a second XPT or RS1 so I went bigger.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I saw this on my way home from work this afternoon. I think I found a solution to the conundrum... having a TH big enough to carry all the toys and a TV big enough to handle it! And you can get there in a hurry, while living out a childhood dream! Never-mind the janky connection.
Well in a hurry is not really a fire truck thing unless you are referring to lights. They are low geared for getting around town and burn a ton of fuel. It does have a cool factor though.

That is the kind of solution I chose to go with.

·
Registered
42 Posts

You also have a open bed option like I went.

Reactions: VA OFF-ROAD

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have a mint one for sale here in the classifieds, used only one time, still has that "new car" scent.. 🙂

·
Registered
2014 XP 1000 on portals
198 Posts
You do still need to use a weight distribution hitch when towing a heavy bumper pull trailer with a 3/4-1 ton. Well it works without, but you’ll like it better with the hitch.
As someone else said, 3/4 and 1 ton pickups are pretty much the same. In a ford if you get a 3/4 ton get one of the packages that adds the rear overloads. Price difference isn’t much between the two, but as things are now you get what you find.

Not much price difference between a F350 dually and an F450 either, but they don’t put the gas in the F450 with a pickup bed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
We really like our ATC 28’ front bath. Fits 2 XPT 2 seat machines. My wife has the XPT and I still love my quad. Eventually we will get a second XPT or RS1 so I went bigger.
Now that I have my 24' ATC - I wish I would have gone with the 28' or the 36' 5th wheel (36' is what I wanted, but didn't want to buy a new truck). I was hoping to tow the 24' with my 1500 AT4 - but at 9,500 lbs. loaded it is at the outside edge of capacity and the tongue weight is beyond what I would like for that truck!

So I ordered a Tremor F350 diesel and it will be all good again - just have to wait 3-6 months to get the truck with the crazy world we are in! Once I get the truck I will look for a used 36' as the new ones have gone crazy in pricing! Until then the 24' will meet all of my needs.

The 24' works for my XP Pro 4 Ultimate, but it is tight! 28 would have given me enough room to load before getting to the cabinets. Photos below

truck & Trailer.jpg ATC 2419 -Loaded - XP Pro 4 - 15x7 methods - 5-2 Offset - 3.jpg ATC 2419 -Loaded - XP Pro 4 - 15x7 methods - 5-2 Offset - 1.jpg ATC 2419 -Loaded - XP Pro 4 - 15x7 methods - 5-2 Offset.jpg ATC 2419 -Loaded - XP Pro 4 - 15x7 methods - 5-2 Offset - 4.jpg interior storage 4.jpg Interior view to back.jpg Exterior 1.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I ordered a Tremor F350 diesel and it will be all good again - just have to wait 3-6 months to get the truck with the crazy world we are in! Once I get the truck I will look for a used 36' as the new ones have gone crazy in pricing! Until then the 24' will meet all of my needs.
Congratulations on the tremor! Great looking truck. A friend has a 2020 PSD and that thing is a monster in the mountains. Have you driven a modern diesel? Once you have driven with an exhaust brake you won’t want to go back to gas.

List your ATC on Facebook. Very active forum. Your ATC won’t last long and I believe a 36’ and a 40’ were listed and snatched up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Now that I have my 24' ATC - I wish I would have gone with the 28' or the 36' 5th wheel (36' is what I wanted, but didn't want to buy a new truck). I was hoping to tow the 24' with my 1500 AT4 - but at 9,500 lbs. loaded it is at the outside edge of capacity and the tongue weight is beyond what I would like for that truck!

The 24' works for my XP Pro 4 Ultimate, but it is tight! 28 would have given me enough room to load before getting to the cabinets. Photos below

View attachment 677247 View attachment 677248 View attachment 677249 View attachment 677250 View attachment 677251 View attachment 677253 View attachment 677252 View attachment 677255
Thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
7C53FB8E-974F-491C-AD56-9BA619ED9554.jpeg

I started pulling this with a 3/4 ton gasser……..After one big trip I immediately started looking for a diesel dually. Don’t go bear hunting with a stick!

Reactions: Nwcid and Enigma

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations on the tremor! Great looking truck. A friend has a 2020 PSD and that thing is a monster in the mountains. Have you driven a modern diesel? Once you have driven with an exhaust brake you won’t want to go back to gas.

List your ATC on Facebook. Very active forum. Your ATC won’t last long and I believe a 36’ and a 40’ were listed and snatched up.

Dealer offered to sell mine for me and will give me 100% of what I paid - including taxes - as 3 price increases since I ordered last December. Problem with selling is that I won't have a trailer and after going out this weekend I realized that nothing else will work better, unless I get a 5th wheel - so I will keep and use - get the truck and if I need more space will start seach for 36' or order one. Plan to stay with 36' to keep the weight down - so I don't have to move to a dually - don't want to live with a dually when not towing.

I have had diesel trucks in the past and no replacement for what the offer in towing. Power and features of the current trucks are amazing!

·
Registered
2014 XP 1000 on portals
198 Posts
Deal with a 36’, is most of them are about 39’ when compared to a tape measure. Then the things are soo tall the wind messes with you a lot. Something like a sundowner would be nicer to pull, having the lower profile.

The 7.3 gas isn’t much behind the diesel in power or in engine braking. They do have an intake valve, and the transmission is pretty aggressive in downshifting while braking. Got to get a long bed to get the 48 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Deal with a 36’, is most of them are about 39’ when compared to a tape measure. Then the things are soo tall the wind messes with you a lot. Something like a sundowner would be nicer to pull, having the lower profile.

The 7.3 gas isn’t much behind the diesel in power or in engine braking. They do have an intake valve, and the transmission is pretty aggressive in downshifting while braking. Got to get a long bed to get the 48 gallon tank.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
7.3 gas may have close to the same HP but PSD has over double the torque. Gas=475 and PSD= 1050.
Also, try pulling some of these grades here in sunny AZ, Davis Dam hill, Colorado River canyon south of Boulder City, I-17, etc when air temps are 110 degrees + with the big loads! I.E. the real torture tests of the cooling systems. That is one thing that all of the big three have done in their diesels, install great cooling systems. Just last month I was coming south on 93 out of Vegas and was passing some of the cars coming up out of the Colorado river……it was 114 degrees in Vegas and had no over heating!
But we need to save this discussion for the Ford Truck forum where it is a real shitshow!
As I previously stated……..don’t go hunting bear with a stick!

To the OP; If one is inexperienced with campers, trailers, toy haulers, and towing in general, it is best to go find the rig you want to pull, then go get a tow vehicle that is up to the task. Also, when looking at toy haulers especially……..do NOT look at the empty weights, they mean nothing, look at the GVWR of the trailer, then get a truck to match or better yet, exceeds that. We never go out to play with the hauler empty; but loaded down with all the gear we need and what we think we might need. Things add up real fast. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
423 Posts

That is why I like the ATC 36 - it is 37.3'- it is 2' taller (13.6') than my 24' (11.6') - but offers more loading room and a front bedroom, two key features for me. For a 36' it is pretty light with GVWR of 16,800 and dry weight in the high 9,9xx to the ow 10,xxx lb. range pending options - so loaed up it will be 13k - 14k - pin weight 2,750 pending load location - pin may be a little lighter with RZR loaded - all well within the specs of the 3500/350 diesel trucks.

Wind is wind - when its windy you have to slow down - dually is far better for stability, but if you tow 25% of the time and use truck for other things 75% of the time - for me the SRW is the preferred option for every day flexibility - same for standard bed - not too long, but long enough with slide hitch to handle a small 5th wheel or gooseneck.

For fuel tank you are right 48 gallons is better than 36. However both Transfer Flow and Titan and direct replacement fuel tanks - 60 gallons for Transfer Flow and 55 gallons for Titan for either the 6.75 or 8' bed - so with standard bed you can have up to 60 gallons of fuel with no impact use of the bed - not cheap - but gets me everything I want. I have run transfer flow replacment tanks in 3 prior diesel trucks and they worked flawlessly and gave me all the fuel range I needed. Main difference between tanks is TF is metal and Titan is polymer. Titan tank is cheaper. Buddy of mine put a Titan in his Ram 3500 (standard bed mega cab DRW) - 55 gallons - last week and is very happy with how it turned out.

·
Super Moderator
6,554 Posts
I-16 over the Big Horn Mountains is a fun one, I-70 over the Rockies, left Sand Hollow headed to Moab. Thought "Let's take a scenic shortcut" Hwy 9 to 89 to 12 to 24 - Let's just say we won't be doing that again with a 45' TH 😆

Us east coasters have "hills" compared to the real mountains out west where the grade goes on for 30+ miles.

·
Registered
2014 XP 1000 on portals
198 Posts
7.3 gas may have close to the same HP but PSD has over double the torque. Gas=475 and PSD= 1050.
Horsepower is how you measure work. Torque is one component. The gas runs double the rpm, this is how the horsepower is close.
I wonder how the radiators compare. Of course a diesel has an intercooler up there so it looks like more. I thought overheating was taken care of in most vehicles by the year 2000, maybe some half tons took longer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I-16 over the Big Horn Mountains is a fun one, I-70 over the Rockies, left Sand Hollow headed to Moab. Thought "Let's take a scenic shortcut" Hwy 9 to 89 to 12 to 24 - Let's just say we won't be doing that again with a 45' TH 😆

Us east coasters have "hills" compared to the real mountains out west where the grade goes on for 30+ miles.
Hwy 14 from Lovell WY to top of the Big Horns is a crazy pull...I did it once in my gasser, had a Diesel a week later never looked back.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts