Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lifted rzr. 6" lift anyways it's close to seven feet, I know nothing about which brands to look at and which ones to stay away from. I've been looking at the net but without seeing any in person, feel weary about ordering one on line.

Which brands are gonna be tall enough and of good quality... Looking for a 18'-24' bumper pull.

Any help, input is going tobe greatly appreciated. Tired of sleeping in a tent or truck!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Birdmanf250

Look at Desert Fox,I have a 2005 Desert Fox 28' PS it is 12'-6" high
I love it it ! works great for hauling the RZR a Lot of people tend to shy away from Desert fox because they are tall and heavy, it is also very well built. I think you can get a jeep inside mine. I have a 2" lift on my RZR and still have 4" before I hit the underside of the bed which could be adjusted to go higher.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Your best bet is yo go to your local RV dealers with a measuring tape. As you know there are 100s of floor plans and layouts that work for some and not for others. I have a Stealth SS1812 and it works great for Kathy and I. It has a full size up front and no drop down bed in the back, therefor allowing for plenty of height in the back for the RZR. I have 7'2" of height at the ramp door but due. The the fact that it has a front bed and bath the kitchen is on the side only allowing me 58" of width. I have a 50" RZR so it fits just fine, I could maybe get an S in there but would have to put a ratchet strap across the A arms to suck the wheels in. Stealth is made by Forrest River and they are great trailers! I have had several trailers in the past and this has been my favorite so far. I would love to have a nice 5th wheel with the garage in the back but for now this one works great, fits in my driveway and I don't have to pay for storage:ride: Hope this helped you some? Here is the link to the Forrest River site. http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/toy_haulers.asp

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am also gonna get bscottking to chop my cage or build me a new one. That should take out about five to six inches. Which would hel some.

There's not many rv places that carry the tapered toy haulers in Dallas... Or at least I can't seem to find any.

Again thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
or you can just break out the greens and have me build you one of my built cages :hihi:.... i can promise your rzr will break in half before the cage does... ha

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'd take my rzr to the rv dealership and ask if you can try out a couple. Also I found out with or rzr4, it fits better under the beds if I back it in. I've got an eclipse 25' bumper pull.

Jason

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm also looking for a toy hauler and can tell you that you will be kind of limited with your lift and beds in the back. There are some out there but the length is much longer then you want. Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just a bought a toy hauler to accomadate my rzr and i took some research especially if you have a 6" lift you will need one without the rear queen power beds or dinette(like the wolf pack ones). It has to have nothing above in that section.( or you have to remove the beds which is easy to make room) I have a 27' Thor Vortex and its a close fit but i didn't want anything bigger. Make sure you measure ten times and it fits once!!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's a pain, king, u know we gonna be doin something to this, cage, or chop and maybe an s suspension instead of this 6"

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have dual electric lift queens in my Attitude and have 6'1" clearance but, if I were to remove one of the beds then I would be around 7'.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have dual electric lift queens in my Attitude and have 6'1" clearance but, if I were to remove one of the beds then I would be around 7'.
What model and brand u got?

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's a 2007 Eclipse Attitude 23' AKG. My ramp opening (guessing 7 ' tall) goes almost all the way to the ceiling which is about 8 feet in the rear. I see other ramps that aren't so high so watch out for those.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just a thought is it possible to take some tie downs and rig them on the control arms to the frame or cage and compress the springs to make it sit a little lower?

I have a Thor Tahoe transport 5th wheel and I have almost 7 feet under the duel queen beds in the rear.

Mike

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i have a coachmen adrenaline surge toy hauler. I have right around 6'1"-6'2" under the rear electric beds, but like others have stated, you can remove the bottom bed quickly for WAY more room. I believe most 5th wheels will have a little more room under the beds. There are also some toy haulers that the rear electric beds were and option, so if you dont need that option, you may be able to find a toy hauler without them.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I want that options for my friends bc im a nice guy!

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's a 2007 Eclipse Attitude 23' AKG. My ramp opening (guessing 7 ' tall) goes almost all the way to the ceiling which is about 8 feet in the rear. I see other ramps that aren't so high so watch out for those.
ive got a 08 (i think?) about the same size. rzr fits in it with my +8 kit, and with my lightbar, so i assume a 6" lift would be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts