Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a new 2012 heartland cyclone 3800 toy hauler. We have enjoyed it very much. However these chinese bomb tires ST235/80r/16 E tires suck. Have rePlaced one a couPle of mOnths ago. Now a 2nd has Blown up while returning from colorado with damage to trailer this time. Dropped trailer off at dealer and requested it be repaired at hearlands expense since there appears on other forums many are having problems with the imports. At the same time i requested for them to replace all tires with another brand not produced in china. We will see how far all that goes.
:scared2:
So what are some higher quality tires that others are having good luck?

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
It's gonna be hard finding another tire that's not produced in China for your trailer.

It really depends on the manufacturer and their level of quality not the location they are produced. We have been running the GreenBall Towmaster tires on all of our trailers without issue! I have over four years on one trailer and three years on another and haven't had a lick of issues.

We highly recommend GreenBall trailer tires.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Ya those tires suk,,, problem is all the ST trailer tires suk. All trailer ST tires are only rated to a lame 62mph max speed rating. Even thought they are 3400load range E, the speed is what blows them out and causes tread separation. I had those exact tires you have. Tread separated real fast. They went from being perfect, to falling apart in 10miles.

If Your TH is under 18,000 gvw, then go to some good LT E load range tires like the Michelin Ribs in LT 235/85 16e, or Bridgestone Duravis R250 LT 235/85 16e. They fit fine and are commercial grade tires that have a load capacity of 3042lbs, but 106mph speed rating. And all metal belts and full metal carcass. Not that your going to go that fast. But the leeway is nice. Thats what all the guys at the rv forums have been doing.

Expensive, but how much does it cost to fix the side of your TH from a bad blow out ??? They are the cream of the crop for triple axle TH under 18,000gvw. The Michelin Rib being the tire of choice, but the most expensive, and bullet proof. You'll not have tire trouble again with either of those 2 tires.

I cheaped out since my TH is only 13,000gvw and went with a fiber carcass tire, the Comp TA commercial in LT235/85 16e. They seemed to work great and very heavy duty commercial tires like the Rib and Duravis. Then got the notice from Michelin about a month ago, they recalled 848,000 BFG comp TA commercial tires in my size because of rapid air loss... great. Whats rapid air loss, a freaking blow in any other language...lol
Damn... I have to go to any BFG dealer and get 7 new tires no charge, or upgrade to the Ribs for a price. Can't seem to get away from these TH tire problems... lol

jmo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts