Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and looking to purchase a new 2011 rzr. I am not sure which model to purchase rzr, rzr le ps, rzr le, or rzr s. I have ridden a Le (ps)power steering and a rzrS in the field at the polaris dealer. However I am not real experienced with the rzr so I am not sure. I used to have a Rhino several years ago and sold it. Wasn't real happy with the power and handling. Some say buy the base and sell the wheels and tires for upgraded ones immediately and it will be like the LE without the paint. Some say you need the power steering model LE, Need some help thanks in advance.

The area I ride is open but could be somewhat tight at times near the creeks and woods. Also would like to try hatfield/mccoy and some other places in PA.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
First off.. WELCOME.. Mostly it's all personnal preference. Being from PA. myself the S model really limits you because it's not allowed on most of the trails here in Pa. But as far as the others, see what makes the smile come over your face. I don't have power steering and never felt the need but that doesn't mean it not good. Pick anyone any you'll be glad you did. Remember changing and fixing it up is half the fun.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome if the trails there are tight get the 50" but get one and ride you will love it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You'll have a blast with any of them. I've never felt I needed power steering, though I have not driven one with it on. You know the 50" deal in PA, so I'm sure you will weigh that in. Good luck!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Definitely get the 50 inch RZR if you ride in PA. The RZR 'S' is way too wide for the east coast....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I think I will stick with either the le or base. What about wheels tires? If you go over 50" is that an issue in pa. even if you are 54 or so

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Family,
x5 on the 50" + the bonus of power steering, its hard to go back once you've tried it (and a must if you've got injuries to the upper body)... I wouldnt recommend the "S" if you have any intentions of adding a LT kit and upgrading the shocks..otherwise your just going to have to sell what you just paid all that extra money for...
I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I will stick with either the le or base. What about wheels tires? If you go over 50" is that an issue in pa. even if you are 54 or so
A lot of people push the 50". I've seen DCNR guys around, but haven't seen them measure anyone. Maybe it depends on how blatant you are about it, or their mood at the time. :doh:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Welcome to the site. We have the 50" for trail riding, and we also dune ride. It works great for us. In an ideal world I would have one of each.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome. We have been at several PA trails where they have poles at the entrance gate set about 56 inches apart. On some trails they have put big rocks near the gates so you have to turn as you go through, it gets tight with the 50" RZR.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have you guys in PA been to the Rock Run riding area? You can run the "S" model there. There are 3 bridges that ypu may not be able to cross (62" limit) however the rest of the trails can be ridden with the wider SxSs. They have aprox. 80 miles of trails. I was there for the Commander test ride and was only able to go on a short ride on the trails however from what I hear its worth checking out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts