Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Not overly concerned about it, but I was just curious what you guys are seeing for top speed in high range (stock tires, clutch, non additional gear, etc) on relatively flat ground with gravel, carrying yourself and your maximum seating capacity for passengers? I have a 2012 rzr4, and it feels as peppy as I expect the 800 with 4 adult dudes in it to feel haha. Running gravel roads on relatively flat ground, it topped out right at 50-52mph. The rpm was above 6000, but was not hitting the rev limiter (which is somewhere at or above 6500rpm if I recall correctly).

So, this is mostly for the 800 users, what is your top speed?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. That is what I figured. It is an 800, weighs more than a two seater, and had 4 dudes in it. It still had the ability to slide corners, but we were relying on momentum haha.

Totally happy with an 800 4 seater running 50mph with 4 adults in it. Won't do a thing about it until turbo time haha!

·
Banned
904 Posts
lol... I was going to say mash the pedal until they jump out and then you know....but then I read your question...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
65 mph, flat ground..or sand, stock motor 26" bighorns 2011 S.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Mine will do 55 unless im on a smooth hard pack and have some distance to get my speed up, then I can hit 60 That with 2 riders weighing in at around 200lbs each

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
67 on a paved road 1 time by myself. With a passenger 64, that is my s model. The rzr 4 with 4 medium build adults would do 53-57 depending on where and conditions. It didn't really seem to change top speed with more or less passengers.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would think the taller tires the s models come with should yield a bit more top end. The down size to a taller tire is it will not have as good of low end power but with low range who cares.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I usually go the speed of damnit...

As in my wife saying DAMNIT slow DOWN

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stock 2 people on paved road 57. Just took out shim and new belt have not tried again! RZR 800 50" 2 seater

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
When riding with a passenger on trails, even the most smooth and well known sections seems 35 is balls to the wall.

On winding gravel roads, 45 is plenty.

I am not comfortable running down the pavement at top speed for more than a couple seconds, it tops out at 63 at about 6500 feet elevation with a passenger next to me and a large dog in the back. When we have to travel on pavement the machine seems to run smoothest and happiest between 45 and 50mph.

:camorzr:

·
Registered
188 Posts
120+ KM/H two seater 900

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I dont know about you guys but my speedo is way more optimistic than my GPS.

Mine must have been pretty close with the stock tires and wheels on it. Now with the 26" big horns the GPS shows my speed about 4-5MPH over the speedo at top end.

Which makes sense to me.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Just so you guys know, weight has an effect on acceleration, but not top speed. Top speed is simply power, gearing and aerodynamics.

Your RZR will go the same maximum speed regardless of the number of passengers or weight of cargo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts