Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be doing a top end rebuild on my 08...from what I have read, this is a fairly easy task for anyone that has had any experience with it in the past (which my buddy has). Just looking for thoughts and suggestions on which parts to use, compression, etc. Gonna be getting an UMP also to protect the investment. Trying to get away as cheap as possible but still have a quality rebuild. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4,354 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've run across these posts before and have found some useful information there...but thanks for the reply...I'm thinkin I'll go with the Wiseco 11:1 pistons and an UMP system...hope my cylinders are ok...what pistons are you going with guy48065?

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
i wouldnt go over 11.1 or race gas will be needed youll be close and probaly need prem gas...

a push rod motor is real simple...clean real good...get some loooong q tips to remove any coolant from the head bolt holes.... look at tuf skins turbo install video it has some good photos of the eng apart just leave all the turbo stuff out...lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks johnnycat...what compression would you recommend? I thought stock was 10:1 and I read somewhere that 11:1 would run fine on 91 octane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.