Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, saw this tool list below that claimed to encompass 99% of the needed tools to fix most things on a rzr xp turbo. It gives the size tool and most common parts to use the specified size tool. Thought it would be cool and very helpful if we all added in some input and made one complete list for the 570s.

Tool list for Rzr XP turbo:
ALLEN HEADS
4mm: Tilt wheel,
5mm: Front brake caliper, oil line,
6mm: Turbo, rear brake caliper, oil drain
8mm: Diff drain & fill, Trans drain & fill
TORX BITS
T25: Doorskin, buss bar, CV boot guard, ECU
T27: Overflow bottle, EPS cover, seat adj,
T40: Bodywork, hood
SOCKETS-WRENCHES
8mm: CVT Cover, side case,
10mm: Skid plate, ground wire, starter solenoid, shift sensor, ex heat shield, rad mount, buss bar
11mm: Air intake tube
13mm: Frame support, swaybar mount, front facia, brake line, steering shaft, battery cable, ext water pump, pedal assembly, rock guard,
15mm: Ball joint pinch bolts, steering shaft, EPS, cage, harness bar, rear caliper brakes, rear hub, swaybar,
16mm: Diff mount, Front caliper bracket, seat belts
17mm: Steering shaft, turbo oil line,
18mm: Shocks, A-arms, trailing arm, frame support, radius rods, tie rod, diff,
19mm: Turbo oil line, lug nuts, shift cable, seat belts
27mm: Axle nut (or 1 1/16”)

Thanks again to everyone for their efforts and input. Happy trails and stay safe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My experience is that I have not had to carry anything on the 570 other than a tow strap to pull others out lol.

If you have a spare tire on the machine actually have a jack and a lug wrench to change the tire. Since it is a single cylinder engine, a spare spark plug and the socket and ratchet to swap it but that really just carries over from mt 2-stroke dirtbike days.

Just a quick look over of that list and I would say 90% or more of it is correct for the 570 as well from my experience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's a great idea. We ride with folks who have enough tools and spare parts in their trailer they could almost rebuild an entire RZR (I assume you're not talking about on the trail?)

On the trail, we ride with such large groups that no.1, someone always breaks something (hold my beer, watch this s***!) and no.2, it's generally not anything that standard tools can fix outside what usually comes in the OEM tool pouch. We'd have to take a laundry list of spare parts with us.

Here's my top 10 list of tools we take on the trail and/or issues I've seen most commonly on the trail over the last 15 years in order of frequency:

#1 - Tow straps. (radiator fan failure (overheating), engine sensor failure (wouldn't start), engine hydro-locked due to water ingestion (don't attempt to start), poor maintenance (too many to list) and recovery efforts.
#2 - Winch. (recovery efforts sometimes with multiple SxSs daisy chained together)
#3 - Tire plug kit and portable air compressor. (permanently repaired on the trail)
#4 - Ratchet straps. (broken suspension components, broken mounting brackets for accessories)
#5 - OEM tool pouch. (belt replacement)
#6 - Broke axle. (return to camp)
#8 - Flashlight. (because a lot of our issues occurred at night)
#7 - Leatherman multi-tool (miscellaneous)
#9 - Low fuel level. (didn't top off prior to leaving camp, return to camp).
#10 - Low alcohol level light blinking. (didn't buy a big enough cooler or restock prior to leaving camp, mooch off the other riders, return to camp)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vice grips, these have a single cylinder brake reservoir and no e-brake. One busted brake line and you have no way of stopping. Pinching off the broken line with the vice grips might get you home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not only no way to stop but the ignition looks for contact on the brake pressure switch, so no brake pressure, no start. My buddy's son had a caliper failure and it dumped all the fluid. I found the brake switch and jumpered it so we could get it off the trailer and into my garage.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I don’t see a Quart of Oil on the list or a small bottle of Brake Fluid,I like to carry a assortment of bolts-nuts-screws plus assorted zip ties including some super heavy duty 3’ long ones & don’t forget Duct & Electrical Tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have bar oil in my bag, but also carry a Ryobi 14 inch 40w lithium chainsaw this time of year especially. In Idaho mountain trails, I've used it to clear trail and to get people out of deep ruts or mud holes. Last year, the lead vehicle had the skinny trail edge give out and we slid sideways into a deep muddy (from run off) rut and was hopelessly stuck. Couldn't use a winch because we were back in where a fire burned about 6 years ago. The only trees to tie onto were dead (widow makers). We buzzed up dead fall laying on the forest floor to create a sort of bridge.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have a 570, and I ride the Yosemite mountain rim and south to kings Cayons in central California, for years, all need for this long rides- spare tire, a jack if a go alone, and a winch, tire wrench to remove!!!! trust me in this, that’s all you need to have fun in one of the most amazing forests in this country!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I have a 570, and I ride the Yosemite mountain rim and south to kings Cayons in central California, for years, all need for this long rides- spare tire, a jack if a go alone, and a winch, tire wrench to remove!!!! trust me in this, that’s all you need to have fun in one of the most amazing forests in this country!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
If you go alone, you should have alot more then just stuff to change a tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Martlor13! yes i forgot to mention other stuff i always carry, and the support of the force, but the first of July, will be no longer behind me, so know i being reading all i can about in RZR forums, and info i can find in you tube, my plans and ideas is to go others states parks and enjoy riding, at least once a month, any input in how or where to start will be greatly appreciate, thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
As for #8 - Flashlight. I suggest having a headlamp. Allows the use of two hands. Lord knows these RZR's require three!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts