Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the second owner of a 2012 rzr xp 900. I was given an OEM plastic bag that contained the tool kit, a safety dvd, and 2 black plastic clamp things. I have been searching online but can't figure out what the 2 clamps are for; maybe they aren't called clamps. Since I don't know what they are, it makes it difficult to search for so I apologize if the answer is somewhere in the forum. They look like they will snap around the cage at the roof or windshield area. I don't know how to better describe them. Hoping someone can tell me what they are with my pitiful description. Maybe I am just an idiot and it hasn't clicked in my brain as to what they are for.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Are they the seatbelt clips? They come with a pair of black plastic clips that you can fit onto the seatbelts to either hold them adjusted for smaller people (like kids) so they don't have the belts rubbing on their necks, or to lock them in place so on rough terrain they don't keep tightening up on you to the point you feel your about to be cut in half.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SouthernGypsy, your post inspired me to go investigate again. While looking at the seat belts, it made me think of the safety net, which made me look at the safety net front clips. The front clip that is strapped around the front cage fits into the slot on the clamp thing. So, I tried pushing the clamp around the cage and inserting the net clip and presto, it fits. Guess it is to make it easier to latch the front net by making it stationary.
There is a part number on the clamp thing (5438685). I looked this up and it comes up as MNT-SIDE NET,UPPER. Mystery solved?

Number 7 in the diagram.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You mean it wasn't already installed? Either the dealer messed up or the original owner took them off. They are supposed to put those on at the dealership after installing the roll cage as part of the assembly process.

·
Registered
296 Posts
now im mad!!!! i didnt get any seatbelt clips with my new 900xp!!! im going back to the dealer now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Did you get your special wrench for adjusting the shocks on one end and a clutch tool for removing your belt on the other end?

Some dealers have been known to take it out before delivery, then you have to pay to get one. Don't know if they are trying to sell you one, or if they think owners are incapable of doing it properly yourself and are trying to charge you for bringing it back so they can do it.

I actually watched mine being taken off the crate and my dealer took the big plastic packet with all the books, papers (including the build sheets which some dealers also keep), and tools and turned around and handed it right to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get your special wrench for adjusting the shocks on one end and a clutch tool for removing your belt on the other end?

Some dealers have been known to take it out before delivery, then you have to pay to get one. Don't know if they are trying to sell you one, or if they think owners are incapable of doing it properly yourself and are trying to charge you for bringing it back so they can do it.

I actually watched mine being taken off the crate and my dealer took the big plastic packet with all the books, papers (including the build sheets which some dealers also keep), and tools and turned around and handed it right to me.
The special wrench along with a small bag of tools were in the same bag.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Here is the Polaris parts page showing everything that should be in your XP900 Tool Kit.
If you didn't get something I'd print this out and take it to your dealer and ask why.

This is actually from the 2011 model parts list but it's the exact same items that came with my 2012 as well so it appears they didn't change anything.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow the one southern gypsy has posted is exactly like the one in the link I posted above his.:rofl3:

Doug

Yep, We were doing it at the same time. I wrote the post above it (Post #10) and then decided to just make it easy on readers and find the image to post which me took a few moments to upload to my SmugMug pages and get the link. Then after I posted it and the page refreshed I seen your post between my two post :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hey great minds think alike.(that's what I'm going with at least)
Between both posts he ought to be able to figure out what it looks like.:rofl3:

Doug

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I couldn't find the TOOL-OIL FILTER,OIL CATCH anywhere. Is that a requirement to keep from making a mess when changing the oil or is there something that can be used in its place? It's probably sitting in the previous owner's garage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's like a $3 part from the dealer and it helps but a towel stuffed in there good under the oil filter will do the same job.
Thanks. $3 isn't bad. I'll call my local dealer. The link posted above showing the diagram, it lists the part at $18 before shipping. I can buy a lot of paper towels at that price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I have a 2012 with a july build date. I didnt get the same spanner wrench. I have only the spanner side with a square hole in it for a socket wrench.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's like a $3 part from the dealer and it helps but a towel stuffed in there good under the oil filter will do the same job.
Thanks. $3 isn't bad. I'll call my local dealer. The link posted above showing the diagram, it lists the part at $18 before shipping. I can buy a lot of paper towels at that price.
I can't find anywhere that someone is selling them for $3

Doug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts