Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a really good shop that knows these cars well here in southern California. Pacific Motorsports came highly recommended from a few different people I trust. Took my rig in there today to have them look at my suspension after I changed out the A-Arms the tie rods and the radius rods. in trying to save some money I did the installation myself with a buddy. I know it needed some fine-tuning so, Was looking to have them dial camber, toe in\out.
I definitely needed some adjustments the guy took about 30 minutes with me explaining what they're going to do which was very cool! He also explained to me that my stock springs after 2000 miles have really quit doing most of their job and on slow speed bumps are next to useless. The top of the springs are completely compressed.
Now I am looking at a spring kit like shock therapy or the eibach spring kits to replace my existing springs. Do I need to have the system revolved as well? This shit's getting expensive :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
a boat is a "hole in the water that you throw your money into"
i consider this your boat.
btw, i like every second im doing, getting, buying something for my RZR ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it necessary to revalve shocks if I change the springs?

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
No. Shocks work better with both revalving and springs, but a lot of people just do springs. You can always do a revalve later.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Is it necessary to revalve shocks if I change the springs?

No, you don't have to re-valve. I didn't re-valve just upgraded the springs. Much better than stock!!

But....my friend did re-valve and spring kit and the difference is amazing.

So it really depends on what you do and what you want. Oh, and also how much $$$ you have to burn. LOL, good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been looking for a really good shop that knows these cars well here in southern California. Pacific Motorsports came highly recommended from a few different people I trust. Took my rig in there today to have them look at my suspension after I changed out the A-Arms the tie rods and the radius rods. in trying to save some money I did the installation myself with a buddy. I know it needed some fine-tuning so, Was looking to have them dial camber, toe in\out.
I definitely needed some adjustments the guy took about 30 minutes with me explaining what they're going to do which was very cool! He also explained to me that my stock springs after 2000 miles have really quit doing most of their job and on slow speed bumps are next to useless. The top of the springs are completely compressed.
Now I am looking at a spring kit like shock therapy or the eibach spring kits to replace my existing springs. Do I need to have the system revolved as well? This shit's getting expensive :)

If you have the fox shocks, have the plug replaced with schader valve. The bladder plugs will start weeping oil. This is an indication you have lost nitrogen too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your going to do a spring kit I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Ed the suspension guy, he goes by Pound Sand here on the forum. He sells Eibach springs and he will get all the specifics of your machine and riding environment, and get you the correct spring rates in the kit. Sometimes the “off the shelf” spring kits are off on the spring rates that are included. Everyone’s setup is different, and different spring rates are needed for optimal performance. But....sometimes you’ll get lucky and the rates in the “off the shelf” kit will be right. I have had him re-valve and re-spring my 2019 XP4T and it was amazing the difference it made.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts