Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I would suggest using an OEM style car seat with the 4-point harness to keep them safe...the problem with helmets is most 2-year olds heads are too small for what is out there............so safety reasons I always put my little girl on the passenger side rear seat........and always keep the nets up!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My buddie made a seat that goes in the middle for his 8 month old boy. I think its a high chair with staps that hold him in and he has a thing that goes around his neck since he's to small for a helmet.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I'd be nervous about putting anything around a Toddlers neck, but especially around an 8 month old infant... :eek:

Truth is, I would be nervous taking an infant on any kind of ride except down the street and back. Their necks aren't strong enough to support the large mass of their heads, and could easily have a trauma accident. Just the .02 cents of an EMT that has seen such incidents... :sad:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am not sure what it is that they put around his neck but it what there doctor told they should use to keep they babys head from whipping around. They just cruise around on dirt roads when they take the baby.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a PRP Booster Seat and my Son now 3 Can barley get his legs between it and the seat infront in the RZR4. I am thinking about a twisted stitch bench for the back thinking it might be better than the bucket seats for him. wonder if they could put in some lower seatbelt points for a toddler in the seat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 18 month old loves to ride with us. We got him a regular car seat with arm rests for the passenger seat, and I drilled a new hole in the end of the grab bar so that I can let it out for him. I attach the seat with one of those nylon ratchet straps. I can put it in and out quickly. We got him some little Scott youth goggles and he wears them well. I haven't put a helmet on him yet. I keep the nets up and I'm building a roof for it.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,927 Posts
We use the Simpson brand car seat.....nothing neat about them, but what sealed the deal....all of the padding, and lining removes very easily for washing.
We started at 1.5 years (I use the decimal system....tired of everything in 'months')

I shopped and shopped and shopped for the right seat, but the stuff has to be washed, there are nicer seats for less money, but not easily washed.

....and don't think you can rob the good one out of the car, it sounds like a good idea....

I also installed a windshield, and roof, that helps alot......and I put a handle on top of her helmet so when she falls asleep, I put my elbow on the back of the seat, and hold her head, and her helmet turnes into a wrap around pillow.

I'll be installing doors and a tru window net for her soon

Its good times....being to cool dad on the block!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a PRP Booster Seat and my Son now 3 Can barley get his legs between it and the seat infront in the RZR4. I am thinking about a twisted stitch bench for the back thinking it might be better than the bucket seats for him. wonder if they could put in some lower seatbelt points for a toddler in the seat.
I had the same problem with my daughter. Then I relized u can move the front seat forward on the mounting bracket and she fits her legs in with no problems. U should try it out. Still leaves enough leg room. My wife is 5'10" and fits fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use a regular car seat for my 1.5 yr old...I have an aftermarket cage and I ended up putting the stock seat belt back on cause it secures the car seat way better than trying to use a crow style harness.
I took a 1 3/4" billet cage clamp and welded a tab to it and installed it on the new cage where the mount was on the stock cage. Works good and when he is big enough to use a regular harness I can take the clamp off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.