Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2009 rzr with 200 hours and 1400 miles on it do yall think that is alot ....what is alot off hours in your opinion

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
It all depends on the type of riding you do. If you are riding trails and mud, then the hours add up with the slower pace. Just to give you an idea, I have 240 hours and 2995 miles on mine with a mix of mud, trail, dirt roads, etc. Then again, I also do not let mine sit and idle....that will add up the hours as well.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
We have 4350 miles and 440 hours on our '09. It averages out to 10 MPH! We do a lot of slow speed trails and rock climbing, so the hours get high. I will say this. The RZR is one of the most depebdable UTV's on the market, and the aftermarket guys have done an excellent job designing quality replacement parts and accessories for us. I expect to see it hit 6000 miles before the heavy duty repairs start.

·
Addicted
3,657 Posts
Keep in mind, the hour meter runs when in the key is in the on position, regardless of weather the engine is running or not. Therefore, IMO, hours are not a true representation of vehicle use...

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Steve, that is true, especially for the guys that have to have the key on to run the radio while sitting on the side of the trails. I have a completely independant battery set up for my stereo, so the machine and key is off when we listen to tunes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my 09 std Razor, I have 245 hours and 3711 miles and still running strong. Do have one front A Arm bushing that has a small amount of play in it. Will have to change the bushings here in the near future.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
I believe it's all about condition and the seller's maintenance habits. I put up my S for sale with 228 hours and you'd think it had AIDS by the way people looked at the hours. It was immaculate, had sensible upgrades, and ran like no other.

Troy (rzrtours) came to buy and pick up and was shocked that no one had snagged it before him. Here's the thread if you've got 10 minutes to kill: http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?t=71598

Point is, if you've treated it right, then NO, 200 hours is not bad. Unfortunately people are typically looking for that barn find with 10 hours on it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i have a 2009 rzr with 200 hours and 1400 miles on it do yall think that is alot ....what is alot off hours in your opinion
I don't see the problem. If it is well kept and that can be verified with a simple inspection in the right places I'd classify it as nothing more than a used Rzr. People get all crazy over the hour meter.

Like someone else said, sensible upgrades, well kept machine and maintenance records mean more to me over all.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Averages out to 7mph or so, I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have over 5000 mi. and 550 hr. on mi /09. It was used as survey vehicle so lots of miles. The engine was rebuilt just before I bought it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
554 hrs. 6400 miles, mostly trail riding.... am expecting to do 10 to 15,000 miles. Engine oil is changed every 1000 miles.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Yep I've seen alot of RZR's with lower hours / miles than mine that look like they have 10 times what I have. It like anything else proper maintenence and upkeep far outweigh low unkept hrs. I'd take a high mile maintained trail machine over a neglected mud sub anyday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts