Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The heart of Project El Diablo started out when TMW sat down with the motor experts at Weller Racing. They wanted the RZR XP 1000 platform, but with considerably more horse power and gears if possible. Jason Weller suggested using the engine from the Ninja ZX-14 motorcycle. Kawasaki’s Ninja ZX-14R is a1,441c, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four engine which puts out a peak power of around 200 hp and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Great power for a UTV, and all the fun of banging through the gears! Weller Racing put together the ZX-14R engine package for the XP 1000's -- an affordable way to get big horse power.

Full details: TMW Offroad's El Diablo

·
Razorholic
1,705 Posts
So bad ass, and put together by some of the best of the best ! Nice work guys

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts

The heart of Project El Diablo started out when TMW sat down with the motor experts at Weller Racing. They wanted the RZR XP 1000 platform, but with considerably more horse power and gears if possible. Jason Weller suggested using the engine from the Ninja ZX-14 motorcycle. Kawasaki’s Ninja ZX-14R is a1,441c, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four engine which puts out a peak power of around 200 hp and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Great power for a UTV, and all the fun of banging through the gears! Weller Racing put together the ZX-14R engine package for the XP 1000's -- an affordable way to get big horse power.

Jon,
These high $ builds are impressive however not too many people can afford buying all these exotic parts and paying high dollar installs (you probably got it for free). Most of us do our own wrenching or save for months just to afford one upgrade. Your post is like reading Car and Driver with all the exotic $1M sports cars nobody can afford. How about featuring a vehicle us budget limited guys can build? Some grass roots grinding, welding, and tricks (you know heat and beat to fit and paint to match)? Maybe a killer sand car on a budget? Or a killer mud submarine? :popcorn:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Jon,
These high $ builds are impressive however not too many people can afford buying all these exotic parts and paying high dollar installs (you probably got it for free). Most of us do our own wrenching or save for months just to afford one upgrade. Your post is like reading Car and Driver with all the exotic $1M sports cars nobody can afford. How about featuring a vehicle us budget limited guys can build? Some grass roots grinding, welding, and tricks (you know heat and beat to fit and paint to match)? Maybe a killer sand car on a budget? Or a killer mud submarine? :popcorn:
I am all about that too. That is why we added the "Daily Driver" award at the UTV Invasion Show & Shine. I was lobbying for Crazy Watson, but I wasn't a judge...

Would love to feature more garage builds. Just takes time to find them.

·
Electrical Contractor
558 Posts
Nice. What would a package like that cost?

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
The best part of the forums is the stuff creative amateurs do. The exotic stuff is great and gives us hacks some ideas. I really like the "tips and tricks" stuff and especially if it is free (you made it from junk around the shop?). Also I'd like to see a funny section on what not to do. Not only builds but some "bone headed" driving. We have all done it and most won't admit it. I just posted on the RZR forum about my antifreeze bath 2X. Thanks for the interesting articles!

·
Registered
572 Posts
They make flap shift kits for bike powered race cars it would be the bomb in that car. You only use the clutch to start or stop who cars where it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts