Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just bought a "new" 2012 XP4 and I think I'm sold on the TMW Cage & doors.

Looking for pictures of the cage & doors (looked at all the one's on their site already).

Also, do the doors rattle? Last thing I want is to listen to rattling doors. Thanks.

LETS SEE THOSE PICTURES!!! :popcorn:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have their cage and bumpers, waiting on my doors to get done. I bought Pro Armor doors before TMW offered doors, will be selling them to get the TMW. The TMW doors don't look like they will rattle from the way the latch works with the rubber pads on the door frame.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi aZiator:
I'm looking at adding doors to my RZR 4 900 and am curious about you mention of moving to the TMW doors instead of the pro armor. Did you sell you pro armor doors?
Cheers,
Sandy

·
Registered
396 Posts
My TMW doors are done, just sitting at TMW waiting for the wrap design to be completed. I probably wont sell the Pro Armor doors until after Christmas I am thinking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me know when you decide to let go of the pro armor doors.
I am in the market looking for doors and would like to pic up a set.
Also looking at bumpers front and rear. I like to look of the Deluxe Pure Polaris front guard however they presently don't make the matching unit for the rear of the our 900's.
Cheers,
Sandy

·
Registered
903 Posts
One thing to consider with any 4 seat cage & builder is how tall are your riders going to be? Are you willing to limit your riders to a height limit. Most cage builders say their cages fit a person about 5' 10" max in the rear seat, but with the new helmet law you will loose an inch or more due to wearing a helmet. So now you are down to a 5'8" or 5' 9" person fitting with a helmet on. Also remember the cage is to protect you in a rollover or crash. You want some clearance to protect your riders. I sat in a few rear seats and at 5'11" there is no way my head was not going to hit the cage or aluminum top in a roll. For that fact my head might hit the aluminum roof just riding down a bumpy trail.

Also what seats are you going to use? Many seats raise you up an inch or so. So that is another factor to consider when building your cage. All the seats I sat in trying to get the most leg room in the back raised you up a slight bit.

This was something I just recently dealt with as I just built two XP4's. Many of the builders I spoke with were not able too, or did not want to adjust their cage jigs to accommodate taller people. I was very particular in what I wanted and how I wanted it built. I wanted a 6' person (with a helmet on) to fit in the back of my cars and wanted the most leg room possible. By lowering the seats as some do by cutting and lowering the back section of the car, it takes away leg room.

At this point I am not going to hype or promote any of the vendors or builders I used. (That will go in my build thread in the coming week.) But I was able to find seats that gave more leg room then stock, your knee's are not buried into the back of the front seat. On the stock seats the back is hard plastic and that does not feel very good on your knee's. I was also able to find a reputable builder (Many know and have used on here) that was willing to build the cage to my specs and lay out some of the tubes using my specs. When all said and done my cages are 1 3/4 inch taller in the rear then their production 4 seat cage and to keep a nice even roll in the roof line we raised the front 1 inch. This still put me 5 1/4 inches lower then the stock cage.

BTW at the Sand Show I spoke to most of the top builders and asked about the height of the rear seat passengers, and when asked if that number is with a helmet on or not, not one builder seemed to have taken that into consideration. Just a few things to consider before you spend your hard earned cash!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two dune trips and a couple day trips in the Az dirt. TMW built a cage..doors...ump air filter setup..XXX seats...upgraded battery ...switch panel amid rugged radio set up. Can't say enough about the guys there. So the million dollar question...the doors do not rattle but the do have a little squeak to them. That being said I still like them over the half doors. If you are going to spend the coin on a cage and doors..have Adam and Doug throw in radio...it really makes the XP a great family experience. On a side note...I'm 6 tall and I fit in the back seat...but it would be tight with a helmet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Best $$$$ I spent besides buying the XP4 no rattle on my set up.

·
FlyTyTX
12 Posts
TMW setup looks great. Trying to sale the Polaris brand XP4 doors I just bought to do the same. Question though, do you have to open the door to put gas in? Mine fits tight on the trailer, wondering if that would make it difficult to fill up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
TMW setup looks great. Trying to sale the Polaris brand XP4 doors I just bought to do the same. Question though, do you have to open the door to put gas in? Mine fits tight on the trailer, wondering if that would make it difficult to fill up.
Yes you do have to open the rear door to access the fuel tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts