Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a 29 inch tire for 12 inch wheels for the 1000 s?
I want to add Height but still keep 12 inch wheels.
4x3 all around from what I read on here .

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you’re going to go to a 29” tire and new wheels, I would HIGHLY suggest going to 14” wheels. My buddy was constantly getting rocks stuck between the brake calipers and wheels with the stockers on his S1K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I heard and read about the rock problem.
I live in w mv lot of woods rocks mud riding
They say 14 make it ride more stiff and of course added weight.
I am still researching this before I order my rims

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I see what you’re saying, but larger heavier wheel means less tire (lighter). It’s not a big difference if any difference at all. Yes, a larger wheel on same size tire will cause a stiffer ride, but if you’re going to a larger tire you’ll want a larger wheel to maintain stability. If you run at speed at all, you will not want too much sidewall either. Only one tire I see in a 29x10R12. If you are set on that and stick to a 28, you have options.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I understand that .I need to think about it now 14’s versus 12 so if I go with 14s I w wonder what size tire I would need to equal the height I would have with 29’s on my 12?
Like I said I only want to gain a couple inches in height

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
2” taller tire only gains an inch more clearance because half the tire is below the centerline of the axle/hub/wheel and the other half is above. A 2” taller tire is 1” bigger all the way around.

·
Vandal
752 Posts
Yes I heard and read about the rock problem.
I live in w mv lot of woods rocks mud riding
They say 14 make it ride more stiff and of course added weight.
I am still researching this before I order my rims
There is also a problem with 14 inch or larger wheels When running lower tire pressures they tend to have many more pinch flats compared to he 12 inch wheels. You need some sidewall for comfort and Ive never felt like less sidewall gave me any added stability. These are ORVs not Corvettes or Mustangs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is also a problem with 14 inch or larger wheels When running lower tire pressures they tend to have many more pinch flats compared to he 12 inch wheels. You need some sidewall for comfort and Ive never felt like less sidewall gave me any added stability. These are ORVs not Corvettes or Mustangs
Ya I understand that . I am leaning toward the 12s but so many people have 14 s I just don’t get it

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is way more larger tires in 14”
Dirt commanders where great I felt the black waters where just a little better. In the northeast we ride everything but dunes but they do work well in the soft sand

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I am in mud ,dirt ,rock ,woods riding
No sand dunes around this area lol
Those on your rzr look like nice fit. Not to big not to small.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I might go with black waters ok I know I am jumping around here but 12 inch rims I am going to use . I am getting 5x2 wich is 7 inch rim so what size tire would I run 30x?x12

1 - 20 of 21 Posts