Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Do you have any pictures, Oldtimer? I like the sound of that setup..I still haven't done anything because I really don't want to go wider. Where I ride is very tight already.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm trying to make up my mind on a setup as well. I don't have a minimum width, and I'm running a lift and 2" spacers all around. Right now I have 26x9 and 26x11 on a 15.
I want to go to a taller tire that does well all around. I don't know if I want a 12 or 14 wheel and I'm guessing either 27 or 28 tire.
Also not sure if I want a 6 or 8 ply

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
That looks good with the narrow on the back..better than I was expecting. Let me know how the tires do...handling, mudding, etc...Thanks Oldbiker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alright u guys got me confused now??? I just bought a 2014 Rzr 800 EPS Blue Fire LE (50"). I want to know what size of rims and tires I can put on without rubbing? If I went to 14" rims what offset would I need? I like the Bighorn Tire idea but not the Bruiser rims. So my question would be I'm trying to increase ground height and probably go with a 27" tire (Bighorn, Pitbull, ???) 9" upfront and 12" rear. What offset do I need in a 14" rim? I'd be going with a MSA rim or No Limits? I'm also aware I could go with arched a-arms upfront ( Super ATV ) for rubbing up front am I safe in the back to run 12" wide on 14" rims in the back?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that a change in wheel size, say from a 12" to a 14", does nothing to improve your ground clearance. A 26x9x12 and a 26x9x14 tire will both result in the same height since it is the tire sidewall height that is modified to maintain the overall 26" tire height. In other words the 26x9x14 will have less sidewall height than the equivalent 12" tire - if I understand correctly.
So can a guy put 26-9-12's on any 12" rim? I have 25-8-12 on ththe front and 25-10-12 on the rear. Found some Sedona tires (26-9-12). Will they work on my 12" rims, front and back?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts