Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , anyone know if there is a limit on how big of a tire i can run on my 900 trial ? I know going bigger will change the gear ratio , but it has tons of power (for me ) so if i loose some low end that will be ok . Im seeing a bunch of take offs for sale at pretty good prices but all are bigger than my stock size ( 26x8x12 , 26x10x12)
Any and all answers welcome , THANKS !

and if you have some or know of a deal for some , let me know , in socal ..

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have 28" Terrabites on aftermarket wheels which are offset slightly more than stock maybe an inch or two than stock. The front tires will barely rub the back of the fender at the seam only on a harsh bump. Other than that no problems.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I run 28x10-14 Sedona Ripsaw and they are fine. No rubbing. However I have a 2" Racer Tech lift.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
BAG
693 Posts
I stopped by my dealer the other day and they had a 2016 Trail that I was looking at. The machine looked lifted and I inquired about it. They stated that there was no lift and all they did was put 27" or 28" tires on it. I'll have to look again to be sure. I asked about rubbing and they stated that there were no issues at all; however, I question spacing under full compression. I'll stop by today if I get time and snap a photo of the machine with the tire size.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 27x9x14 STI Black Diamond XTR's on 7x14 STI HD5 Beadlocks on all 4 corners with no issues (5+2 Offset). One thing of note though, even though they're 27", it's more like 26.5, and that half inch might make a difference.
Just wondering what your width ended up at front and rear with the 5+2 off set and 9" wide tire

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am running Kenda Bear Claw HTR's 27x9x12. Stock suspension and wheels on my 900 Trail. With 10 lbs air pressure they measure 27" tall, no rubbing and plenty of clearance. Great traction and smooth riding radial tires.

·
What?
160 Posts
I stopped by my dealer the other day and they had a 2016 Trail that I was looking at. The machine looked lifted and I inquired about it. They stated that there was no lift and all they did was put 27" or 28" tires on it. I'll have to look again to be sure. I asked about rubbing and they stated that there were no issues at all; however, I question spacing under full compression. I'll stop by today if I get time and snap a photo of the machine with the tire size.
I had 27" Swamplites that measure and actual 27" tall. After I ditched the front swaybar, I would get rubbing when the wheels were half turned and at full compression. That was on stock wheels. With the front sway bar, I never noticed any rubbing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run 28x10-14 Sedona Ripsaw and they are fine. No rubbing. However I have a 2" Racer Tech lift.

My hubby is going to do a 2" lift on my RZR, I want to put the Sedona Ripsaws on (he currently has them on his ATV) how do you like them?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts

My hubby is going to do a 2" lift on my RZR, I want to put the Sedona Ripsaws on (he currently has them on his ATV) how do you like them?
I love them so far. We are doing a ride in the mountains tomorrow through Sunday and I will add a better review here but they are great so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wondering what your width ended up at front and rear with the 5+2 off set and 9" wide tire

Thanks
Bruce
They're 9" tires, but on 7" wheels. The width difference is negligible. 50.75" ish?

View attachment 347161 View attachment 347169
Thanks for the info jagori, so basically pretty close to the original 50" width. I'm looking for a good wheel and tire combo I can put on my XC to bring it down to use on 50" trails, I realize still need to do something with the doors and fender flairs. We're hoping to do a trip to the Paiute trail system and want to be able to access the 50" trails

Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I advise anyone looking to put on bigger tires to not only look at the size but also the weight. 27s generally work fine on a trail model but many of the after market tires are very heavy compared to stock ( 10 Lbs each on some). You will notice a loss of power with a very heavy tire. I also run the Bear Claw HTRs and they are about the same weight as stockers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks
Bruce
They're 9" tires, but on 7" wheels. The width difference is negligible. 50.75" ish?

View attachment 347161 View attachment 347169
Thanks for the info jagori, so basically pretty close to the original 50" width. I'm looking for a good wheel and tire combo I can put on my XC to bring it down to use on 50" trails, I realize still need to do something with the doors and fender flairs. We're hoping to do a trip to the Paiute trail system and want to be able to access the 50" trails

Bruce
Bruce , we spent 4 weeks at the paiute trail last summer (2 trips) there isnt too many 50 in trails , someone we talked to said they were changing them all to 60 in. But dont count on this .
Its a great place to ride , very utv friendly , lots of rv parks , you can do so many different types of rides , 20 - 100 mile trips, love it there !

·
IN COLORADO
34 Posts
I have a 2019 RZR 900 Trail EPS. Stock Tires are 26x8x12 Front and 26x9x12 Rear. Looking at keeping the stock rims. I was considering the Tusk Terrabite Radial Tire 27x9x12 for both Front & Rear. Has anyone noticed issues up front (rubbing) going with a 27x9x12 up Front? Thanks

·
IN COLORADO
34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed 27X9X12 Kanati Mongrels on all 4 corners on my stock wheels. No rub but even with 9" wide tires, the RZR is about a 1/2" wider than 50".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts