Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock Bighorns are getting close to the end of their life cycle. They've been a decent tire for me, but I'd like to try something different next time. I'm thinking about going up to a 28 or 30" tire for my typical trail riding that I do. But I'm also curious about what you guys run in the RR's. I would think that with it being more fast and flat that you would run the lightest tires possible? I could be totally wrong though.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My stock Bighorns are getting close to the end of their life cycle. They've been a decent tire for me, but I'd like to try something different next time. I'm thinking about going up to a 28 or 30" tire for my typical trail riding that I do. But I'm also curious about what you guys run in the RR's. I would think that with it being more fast and flat that you would run the lightest tires possible? I could be totally wrong though.
Weight does make a difference...especially on the little 570.

I just found and ordered up some Big Horn small truck tires for my 900 tho. They are 27 x 8.5 x 14

Cost me 121 each and they are really close to the height, size and weight of the 26/9/12 tire I was running on all fours.

I just weighed them this morning and the Truck Tire was 43 Lbs and the UTV tire was 42 ! I am real happy with the way they look and weigh right now... will have to get back to you on handle tho.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Weight does make a difference...especially on the little 570.

I just found and ordered up some Big Horn small truck tires for my 900 tho. They are 27 x 8.5 x 14

Cost me 121 each and they are really close to the height, size and weight of the 26/9/12 tire I was running on all fo

I just weighed them this morning and the Truck Tire was 43 Lbs and the UTV tire was 42 ! I am real happy with the way they look and weigh right now... will have to get back to you on handle tho.
Is that weight just the tire?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nope...tire mounted on a DWT Bead Lock aluminum rim.

I compaired it to a 26/9/12 Baja Cross mounted on a factory front rim too...just in case my scales are a tad off.

the Baja Cross mounted weighed 37 and this one weighed 42 right afterwards.

The rear Baja Cross mounted on an OEM rim actually weighed 43 Lbs too !

·
Registered
7 Posts
what about the rzr1000? mongrels 30 10x14 or 30 7x14? I race cross country with high speed turns, hard dirty surface, need stability!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts