Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 PRO XP 4. I just learned that you cannot rotate the wheels from front to rear and visa versa! I measured the rims with and there is a difference.

Why is this? How do you all, or do you all, rotate the wheels if you want to, say for better wear?

Thanks

· Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE, 2015 XP1000. Sold 2013 800s LE, 2015 XP1000
973 Posts
Why? IDK. I wish I knew what the engineers were thinking. It is obviously done on purpose not an oversight. The XP1000 is even more so. By putting the wider wheel on the rear with higher offset, the center of the rear tires are 1” narrower. The outside sidewalls are the same width apart. This may provide better straight line tracking. It may make the transfer force on braking into a turn more diagonal and lessen dive on outside front. Narrow rear may help turning with a locked rear axle. High offset rear wheel may put less stress on the axle. Maybe something about front geometry needs the narrower wheel.

· Registered
1,251 Posts
I've owned a lot of 4X4 ATVs (some w/front diff locks) and one other SxS (X3) that had larger OEM wheels and tires in the rear than the fronts. You couldn't rotate them (wheels or tires).

My TRE is the first 4x4 I've owned that had different sized OEM wheels with the same size tires. I have to assume the difference in tire diameters is negligible and the engineers knew what they were doing because it works. And, I have the option to rotate the tires which I've never had before on any ATV/SxS. There might some genius there? IDK

But, I would like to know what Polaris engineers, and whoever wrote the owners manual, were thinking on a lot of s***! And whoever's responsible for quality assurance at the Mexico assembly plant, leave him at the bar sucking on cerveza because that conversation won't end well. (Lean Six Sigma?)

· Registered
21 Posts
I've owned a lot of 4X4 ATVs (some w/front diff locks) and one other SxS (X3) that had larger OEM wheels and tires in the rear than the fronts. You couldn't rotate them (wheels or tires).

My TRE is the first 4x4 I've owned that had different sized OEM wheels with the same size tires. I have to assume the difference in tire diameters is negligible and the engineers knew what they were doing because it works. And, I have the option to rotate the tires which I've never had before on any ATV/SxS. There might some genius there? IDK

But, I would like to know what Polaris engineers, and whoever wrote the owners manual, were thinking on a lot of s***! And whoever's responsible for quality assurance at the Mexico assembly plant, leave him at the bar sucking on cerveza because that conversation won't end well. (Lean Six Sigma?)
No bashing polaris on this site. Moderators will kill the thread.

· Registered
21 Pro XP Ultimate
115 Posts
I have about 1,500 miles on mine and had the stock tires rotated by dismounting and remounting to keep wheels in proper position. Cost me a few bucks but the rears were wearing much faster than the fronts and I'd like to get a few thousand miles out of these stock tires before I replace them. Paved roads have eaten them up pretty good but I love them off road. I don't run it in 4WD until I need to either, so the rear tires take a beating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts