Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello in rzr land I just put a set of titan 589mt's on my rzr 27" they are 6 ply with a very heavy sidewall and are stamped 7psi max just wonderimg if anyone has a set or wants to put in there 2cents about what I should be running for pressure we travel woods trails [rocks stumps etc.]and of course swamps and snow all winter thanks

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Ewan, I'm really suprised that there is a set of 6plys out there with a 7# Max. Do they say why or does their website say why???
The stock #'s for the RZR is 8#s and for trails, that is usually were I start. If you heat them up they get up to 10-11#'s
John

·
Registered
279 Posts
Johnpeq, are you saying that the tires should be aired up more or less than 7# ?
I am running 27" swamplites on mine and I was runnin low around 5 just for extra traction. Everything is all great until you get goin a little and hit a rock and pinch your tire in 2 spots.
I am running em around 7.5#'s now but have yet to ride them. Im sure its going to make a hella difference in comfort but I am wondering if I can go even more? I just hate to keep poppin tires. Tire says 7lbs max and 15# to set bead....

Ewan let me know what you think about those tires.....I have been lookin into em as an extra set. what kind of riding do you mainly do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont know why it is max 7# they have built in rim gaurds and I can let all the air out and they only look low so know I am trying 5# all around 7# was to hard I was spinning on any semi hard surface. I ride mostly rocks stumps swamps and woods trails

·
Registered
372 Posts
i now ride with 10 psi in my tires. i have had to different set of front tires pop off the rim when turning at 7psi. i have since put on twice the miles with the 10psi and no problem when playing hard in the mud, rock or dirt. yes the ride may have gotten a bit stiffer but it sucks changing tires on the trail!

in the winter i run 5psi for more tractionn in deep snow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts