Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan for 40 years and driven every kind of buggy imaginable 2-seat, 4-seat, mid-engine, glass body, Jeep, and quads. Just purchased a RZR4 in the spring and have no idea what to use for tire pressure on the dunes. Looking for experienced suggestions. We have the stock Maxxis Bighorn tires. Having a blast with it but want to make it over Test Hill. Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Your going to get some varying answers. I live in Florida where there is alot of sand. We air down to 5 to 7psi. Anything under 5 psi IMO is risking it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
2-3 lbs in sand and the same for the Snow. I ride at Pismo Dunes in Calif and 2lbs is perfect. If you jump or drive over large bumps go to 4 lbs so you don't pop a bead. I take starter fluid with me just in case I pop a bead. Search Youtube and you can find videos of using starter fluid to reset the tire back on your rim. If you ride in the high mountains in the Rocks go to 6 lbs at around 6000, 8000 ft. Usually your tire pressure goes up 2 lbs per every 3000ft. You should not have any trouble at 2-3 lbs in the sand. I can go anywhere and climb anything at the Pismo Dunes.

H

·
0 Posts
2-3 lbs in sand and the same for the Snow. I ride at Pismo Dunes in Calif and 2lbs is perfect. If you jump or drive over large bumps go to 4 lbs so you don't pop a bead. I take starter fluid with me just in case I pop a bead. Search Youtube and you can find videos of using starter fluid to reset the tire back on your rim. If you ride in the high mountains in the Rocks go to 6 lbs at around 6000, 8000 ft. Usually your tire pressure goes up 2 lbs per every 3000ft. You should not have any trouble at 2-3 lbs in the sand. I can go anywhere and climb anything at the Pismo Dunes.
In deep sand I air WAY down. Ether(starting fluid) works very well for reseats...but can be dangerous....First time I used it was to seat a bead on a 44" Superswamper mounted on my Bronco...put some in the tire and ran a trail and lit it...it reseated the bead with a nice explosion and the tire had 10psi in it said and done ...scared the CRAP out of me though.. :rofl3: BE CAREFUL!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts