Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowed my tire search to a just couple or so. I have a reg. RZR and ride in the eastern woods. I want a 26" tire, it must be a radial! I want a light weight tire with good traction, but not too much that I can't slide them (Pitbulls are out). I want something different ie not Bighorns (everone has them). I'm looking at ITP Holeshot ATR's (stock tires on Can-Am Renegade) , ITP Mudlite XTR's, and Carlisle ATR' HD's. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have the mud lite xtr and have zero complaints with them.

·
Razin' cane....
27 Posts
i have 26 inch terracross xd. ride and steer awesome. I'm on 14" wheels also.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
XTRs grip great, but the sidewalls are weak in them. Pinch easily and easy to cut.

·
Razin' cane....
27 Posts
have you tried the xd's. they perform great so far through some narrow rock gates. Even I kept checking and they done well. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bajacross! I dont know if any radials are light weight but I can slide mine and they are 8 ply. I have 26 inch Bajacross on ProMods....Never had any problems with the XTR's on my Rhino.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone used the Holeshot ATR's on their RZR? I might find some take offs at a Can-Am dealer in the area for cheap.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, I went to the Can-Am forum (used to have one-traded it for the RZR) and found a set of take offs ITP Holeshot ATR's from a guy who just bought an Outlander Xxc. He is shipping them Monday! Can't wait to mount them to my DWT Diablo beadlocks and try them out! I have a ride on Saturday so maybe I'll give a review on them sometime next week.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mounted the tires last night. Just out of curiosity, I weighted each tire and rim combo to see the difference in the stock 25" maxxis tires with steel rims and the 25" ATR's on aluminum Diablo's. All the front tires weighed 27 lbs each. The back tires - the stock ones weighed 32.2lbs the Diablo's and ATR's weighed 34lbs. I have a 2" lift and had to add 1.5" spacers to clear the motor mount. With the Diablo 4:3 offset, I didn't need any of the
1.5" spacers. The spacers weigh (as best as I could weight them on a bathroom scale) about 8.7lbs. I actually lost 5 lbs with these new radial tires and beadlock rims. I've gained traction, beadlocks and a better ride to boot! Time will tell how durable these ATR's are. Just FYI.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back from the ride today and tested out the ATR's. All I can say is Great Tire! I pounded out 30 miles of tight, twisted, muddy, rutted, rocky, ect terrain and they were flawless. They were more comfortable than the stock Maxxis tires and had better traction. I found that the small bumps that I felt with the bias tires were not felt with these radials. I beat the heck out of them today and I have no complaints about their durability. FYI.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Glad your happy with them now post a picture!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts