Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why the timing chain jumped a tooth on the exhaust cam. Ran great for our three week trip to Idaho dunes. Went to the Oregon dunes a couple weeks ago and it wouldnt hardly run. The only thing I did between trips was a oil change and took some boost out. After making sure there was no damage and fixing the timing we checked the running oil pressure and compaired the cam chain tensioner new a new one. Both were fine. What am I missing? Was told that the polaris oil could be too thin at super high temps not letting the oil fired tensioner work properly.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Not sure why the timing chain jumped a tooth on the exhaust cam. Ran great for our three week trip to Idaho dunes. Went to the Oregon dunes a couple weeks ago and it wouldnt hardly run. The only thing I did between trips was a oil change and took some boost out. After making sure there was no damage and fixing the timing we checked the running oil pressure and compaired the cam chain tensioner new a new one. Both were fine. What am I missing? Was told that the polaris oil could be too thin at super high temps not letting the oil fired tensioner work properly.
I bought the K&T Performance Manual Tension-er for this exact reason... Under boost the chains have been known to jump a tooth...

The K&T Tension-er eliminates this problem...

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the K&T Performance Manual Tension-er for this exact reason... Under boost the chains have been known to jump a tooth...

The K&T Tension-er eliminates this problem...
Thanks for the info. I will give them a call ..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just curious what did your plugs look like? I had something weird happen with my RZR but it still seems to run but the mag side plug was dark and the PTO side was white. It's been harder to start too. I had some weird AFR's right around when I thought all of this happened but I thought it was from a leak in my exhaust system but just now started looking into it since I've had mine parked for almost the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts