Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of this tray? Only thing I can come up with is a to reinforce the slots where the access panel hinges..lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
It does a good job catching dirt that washes down from the bed. My tool kit was there when I bought mine, I moved it quickly! Other than that I really have no clue. Hey maybe wrap a potato in foil and put it there while riding, lunch on the trail.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does a good job catching dirt that washes down from the bed. My tool kit was there when I bought mine, I moved it quickly! Other than that I really have no clue. Hey maybe wrap a potato in foil and put it there while riding, lunch on the trail.
Haha..yeah I though maybe it was for the tool kit but that isn't a good place for it since it fills with water. My tool kit was in the glove box. I'm about to drill some drain holes in the tray. I like the potatoe idea..maybe do a foil meal one course at a time lol
I hoped it had some cool purpose I was missing :) I can still cook a potatoe with drain holes in it .

·
ride guide extrodanire
2,680 Posts
realy? i thought it was to keep my McDonalds apple pies @ FOR LUNCH TIME !
realy just put your phone in while you ride ,!
mabe a place to keep your money ?
a oil filter !
mabe some old rags covered in oil

dog food tray

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL..
Well it has a small drain hole but mine was plugged with crap..time for some larger holes. Should make some nice grill marks. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
realy? i thought it was to keep my McDonalds apple pies @ FOR LUNCH TIME !
realy just put your phone in while you ride ,!
mabe a place to keep your money ?
a oil filter !
mabe some old rags covered in oil

dog food tray
X2 on the apple pie.
I cannot imagine burning any more money on or in this thing. Lol

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far number one answer is cooking..I like it..maybe someone should form some disposable
alum trays to fit it :)

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I think it was intended for the tool kit on the 11's. On the 12's the tool kit fits nicely under the hood and the rear "cooking" option just carried over?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To make you work harder when cleaning it?
It does do that..also causes the pressure washer(that you aren't supposed to use per the owners manual) to blow back at you as you try to wash all the dirt out.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was intended for the tool kit on the 11's. On the 12's the tool kit fits nicely under the hood and the rear "cooking" option just carried over?
That would really be my guess but they missed a step or 2..it isn't sealed and they put the tools in a plastic bag..that I bet would melt in there..not to mention the tools would be too hot to use. I bet you are right..I was just hoping a Polaris engineer wasn't that dumb lol

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Just one of several things that probably looked great in a CAD drawing, not so much in reality.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would really be my guess but they missed a step or 2..it isn't sealed and they put the tools in a plastic bag..that I bet would melt in there..not to mention the tools would be too hot to use. I bet you are right..I was just hoping a Polaris engineer wasn't that dumb lol
Oh and the clutch / shock tool doesn't fit in the tray..(or the tool pouch without forcing it) where's that go?
I like the stove idea better..lol

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Holds 4 taquitos, perfect fit, and keeps them hot and crispy all day...
Don't you guys remember, its made in Mexico. You do know they just love their hot taquitos out on the desert trails.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just wish they'd made it a little deeper..I'm thinking it could have made a good chili pot this winter. And it could hold lay least 8 taquitos..I mean 4..really..that would only be like 1/2 for each passenger for the 2 seater models. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts