Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock battery is slowly headed south. I want to replace it with somthing that i wont have to worry about. I run aux lights and use a 3 million candle power spotlight pretty often spotting deer. I also have a winch.

Which one do i want and why? What about a car battery?

Thanks.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which optima model are you using?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Odyssey.... Drops into the stick location.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have the optima. Its pobly not going to solve the problem your talking about tho. The lights and othere acc. are still going to pull the battery down.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am interested in this as well? Optima or Odyssey?

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im liking the sounds of the odyssey too. I can run it in my stock box and dont have to buy a 100 dollar box to hold it. Are these batterys a huge upgrade over stock?

I realize that the battery is only as good as the charging system. Im asking alot of the battery in spotting season. The spotlight is the only thing i run that is going to be hard on the battey...i only spot from aug-november a couple nights a week so im not going to be abusing the battery everytime im out. Just looking for a battery that will take a beating for an hr or two and charge back up when im done and not miss a beat. Great help so far guys. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
.............Are these batterys a huge upgrade over stock?
Yes, they have a much greater charge capacity; for any given load, they last longer. Also, consider getting a Battery Tender Jr. for those times when you're not using your RZR; keeps your battery fully charged and ready-to-go; plus, it'll last longer.......

Cheers

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered the Odyssey 925L from batterymart.com

I will post a review after i get it in and hooked up. Hoping to have it by Fri.

·
2011 RZR s Black
39 Posts
Do you mount the Odyssey 925 on its side? I have a 2011 and the battery box is different than 2010????? I think I could mount two of them???

·
Registered
522 Posts
Had my yellow top optima for 3 years, i throw battery tender on it in the winter time. I just found out its a tight fit when you add an alternator so if thats possibly an option for you in the future, get a smaller battery!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
551 Posts
Odyssey 925L or go to batteries plus and check out the X2 Xtreme. It's the same size (will fit in stock battery tray), has more cranking amps, and is about $70 cheaper. Just looked into it the other day myself and that's what I'm going with. X2 on no Optima-people I know in the industry are saying the same things mentioned here. They went downhill and are trying to sell by their name. The guy I know at batteries plus only carries them because he has to-he won't recommend them at all.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my odyssey. I plan on installing it tomorrow. I read the manual that came with it and it says that the battery is pre charged and ready to go. Has that been everyone elses expirience?
Are you guys using battery tenders when the machine isnt in use? I know this isnt a "approved" charger but will it work?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've used the battery tenders on all my rides over the years and never had a problem. Greatly extend the life of the battery for sure. I sold my 05 800sp in 09. It still had the stock battery in it and worked good as new.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts