Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When cruising along at speed and I hit potholes, washboard bumps, washouts, really any “bumps” of decent significance it just feels to harsh and I’m getting rattling/thumping noise from behind the seats. Would the WE shocks without proper nitrogen level (or none) do this? I haven’t checked the pressures yet and not sure I should without proper valve. All i have is a high pressure gauge. Or any thoughts on what else it could be? This is my first RZR so I have no baseline for what is normal or not normal.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Try rocking your machine side to side. See if you can duplicate the noise.

Sway bar bushings may be dry and worn. Good, cheap place to start looking and may lead you to the root cause.

Not going to say which idiot on this forum :whistle: (me) forgot to tighten the sway bar links once. rattle-rattle-rattle

·
Registered
758 Posts
From all your posts it seems you have knocks and rattles all over your machine. You have not mentioned the miles on the machine, or knowledge of the machine's history. It appears you are on the right track with doing A-arm bushings and BJs. Doing a shock rebuild, especially when you have knocking from the front and behind the seats. Is it a 2 seater or 4? Once you have the suspension done, then you can focus on other noises.

I had a knock from the front that was a shock with no nitrogen. Could not duplicate that noise by bouncing by hand.

If there is 3K+ miles on the clock, time for a shock freshen up and likely springs. The best and one of the most expensive upgrades on a SxS. But worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From all your posts it seems you have knocks and rattles all over your machine. You have not mentioned the miles on the machine, or knowledge of the machine's history. It appears you are on the right track with doing A-arm bushings and BJs. Doing a shock rebuild, especially when you have knocking from the front and behind the seats. Is it a 2 seater or 4? Once you have the suspension done, then you can focus on other noises.

I had a knock from the front that was a shock with no nitrogen. Could not duplicate that noise by bouncing by hand.

If there is 3K+ miles on the clock, time for a shock freshen up and likely springs. The best and one of the most expensive upgrades on a SxS. But worth it.
Only 1300 miles. 2020 XP turbo. I did put all new performancesxsbushings in the front. What I’m really noticing now all seems to be coming from the back. I can not reproduce it by rocking or otherwise. I have not checked any of the shocks in terms of nitrogen. That’s why I asked if it could be causing knocking sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts