Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all, Hope y'all had a good holiday weekend! I got to ride around the farm a little bit but nothing crazy.

Was searching the 900 50" forums and saw this topic of spacers and I need some input.

I previously was running 1" spacers in the front, 2" in the rear. The stability improvement was great, no real noticeable difference in drivability, bearings seem to be holding up. We mostly ride class 2 trails and gravel corridors in Bayfield Cty WI. Not a lot of rocks but some, mostly sand, rarely mud, not deep if there's any. Got probably 600 miles on that setup.

Last big ride we went on, literally like 1 mile from the cabin on the last day, I put a 3/4" stick into the original factory tire. (Took 8 tire sticks to plug it.) They have about 1800 miles on them and the treads are getting down there so I decided to get some new shoes. Went with 28" Terabytes on Tusk 14" wheels 4/3 offset.

I pulled all the spacers off and I understand that new 4/3 rim keeps my rear end where it was with the old factory rim and spacer set up. The front is now plus 1" each side from where I was with factory rims.

My question is should I flip the 1" spacer to the rear? I saw a few comments here that said that the factory studs are 1"+ and they would need to be ground down. I guess I didn't measure them as it was a long day and was trying to get shit done.

Can anyone confirm that?
Should I keep the 1" spacer off the rear?
Will front and rear track in the same line with out the spacer now with the new 4/3 offset wheels?
Any benefit other than a wider stance to having the 1" in the rear. I'm not concerned about overall width, but getting out there, wheel scrub in the front seems to be an issue people are talking about with a wide stance.

Thanks for the input.

Go Slow,
DRSAA

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would definitely leave the spacers off. There would be no benefit other than the additional width, but I wouldn't personally go more than 2 in extra with either spacers or Wheels, so with the one inch spacer that brings you to 3 in, at which point I would start to worry about bearings...
I have 2":/ spacers front and rear with stock wheels and don't have any issues with tracking or anything..

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ditch the spacers and just run the 4-3 wheels. I have the same setup 4-3 wheels, 28x10x14 terrabite tire, works great.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had to run spacers with the 27x11x12 tires, because the rear wheels were wider than the fronts. And the tire was hitting the little rear a-arm guard not the shock. I think the used set of wheels and tires I bought were off a XP 1000?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just ordered the same setup for a stock 50 trail. Any issues with rubbing? clutch upgrade?
I put in a SLP clutch kit which included the big secondary bearing and upgraded rollers, definitely need to do a clutch kit. Under full steering lock full compression I would barely get a rub on the seam of the inner fender well. I just warmed it up a bit and flattened that seam out but it's not necessary to do so.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
4 more connecting points per wheel. The fewer the better IMO.
Lol. So lug nuts only work part of the time?

So 4 will hold the wheel and that’s fine. But 4 won’t hold a spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
It's just one more thing that can fail is all he's saying. I'd rather have longer a arms and inner tie rods, but spacers are an easy, cheap alternative for the extra stability. It does come at a cost though. The worse scrub angle causes more feedback to the steering wheel from ruts and bumps. It takes more effort to return to center coming out of a turn. Throw in a 1.5:1 steering quickener and I feel like popeye after a day at the track.

·
Registered
952 Posts
It's just one more thing that can fail is all he's saying. I'd rather have longer a arms and inner tie rods, but spacers are an easy, cheap alternative for the extra stability. It does come at a cost though. The worse scrub angle causes more feedback to the steering wheel from ruts and bumps. It takes more effort to return to center coming out of a turn. Throw in a 1.5:1 steering quickener and I feel like popeye after a day at the track.
I went from a 5-1 to a 4-3 wheel and did notice a slight change in the steering geometry but fortunately not too bad.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts