Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
How much ground clearance do you lose with 2" spacers?
You don't lose ground clearance with wheel spacers.
Well, maybe with the crazy rear camber most 900's seem to have you lose an infinitesimal amount in the rear? Not enough to notice for sure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That will 100% be a problem. You need to grind them down below the spacers...
the wheels already have impressions in them. as I said, too late. luckily it is only a small portion of the stud making contact due to wheel design.

I'll be cognizant of nut torque and check em.

now if the wheels were steel... I'd be concerned. luckily the aluminum gives way to the steel lugs easily

·
Registered
218 Posts
1" wheel spacers installed on rear. didn't even think about the stud length hitting wheels. it is so minor I'm not going to worry about it. and it's a little late to change my mind.

method 401 14" wheels
Was about to do the same thing, but measured studs 1st. And then ordered 1 1/2” spacers. What did you torque yours down too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ron56

·
Registered
952 Posts
Personally I prefer not to use spacers, just another mechanical connection that has to be monitored. Get a set of 4-3 offset wheels and be 55" and use the stock wheels for the 50" stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was about to do the same thing, but measured studs 1st. And then ordered 1 1/2” spacers. What did you torque yours down too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think stock alum wheels spec is 110ft-lb, so I set my not so calibrated wrench to 115ft-lb,used this for both spacer to hub, and wheel to spacer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think stock alum wheels spec is 110ft-lb, so I set my not so calibrated wrench to 115ft-lb,used this for both spacer to hub, and wheel to spacer.
Thanks! My spacers should be here today, so I plan to install them and the other set of wheels and tires later today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I'm a little PO. received my spacers today. Sold as 1.5" 4/156 12mm x 1.5. What I got was 3/8" studs not 12mm! Seller is like, you just need to change the studs! I was like yeah maybe, and then drill the spacers out, large enough for a 12mm stud! No thanks I'm returning them....

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well I'm a little PO. received my spacers today. Sold as 1.5" 4/156 12mm x 1.5. What I got was 3/8" studs not 12mm! Seller is like, you just need to change the studs! I was like yeah maybe, and then drill the spacers out, large enough for a 12mm stud! No thanks I'm returning them....
[/QUOTE

Hacks!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
So I ordered a second set today. And got confused when I read there description. It says to use the oem lug nuts on the spacer, and use the supplied nuts to gold your wheel on? Personally I don't see how that would even work, am I correct in that there instructions are backasswards? Looks like it's just worded wierd?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea those directions are wrong. The supplied nuts hold the spacers on, your original nuts hold the wheels on the spacer.
To be honest, I would worry about the quality of the studs on the spacers and the supplied nuts if they can't even get the directions right....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yea those directions are wrong. The supplied nuts hold the spacers on, your original nuts hold the wheels on the spacer.
To be honest, I would worry about the quality of the studs on the spacers and the supplied nuts if they can't even get the directions right....
Lol, good point! There made by a company called Southern Power Sports. The ones I have on the rear, already are from SuperAtv. I ordered 2 differant pairs, cause I couldn't find a deal on 4.

Sent from my Garage using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can have aftermarket but it can’t exceed 96 decibels as it is then modified to exceed noise maximums.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
So another update...lol. I spoke with an OHRV rep from the enforcement division of Fish & Game. Having an aftermarket exhaust is fine so long as it doesn't exceed the sound level of stock. I wanted to make sure because I thought it was the case. Here is the email below:
On May 24, 2021, at 8:32 AM, FGC: OHRV <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning Jymbic.,

You are fine as long as the replacement muffler is no louder than the original muffler. The law reads: “It is illegal to modify an exhaust system in any way that increases the noise level from that of the original muffler”.

Marie

Marie L. Hixson
OHRV Safety Program Assistant
Law Enforcement Division
New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
603-271-3129

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as your wheel bearings go, there is no difference between two inch spacers and going to 4+3 wheels. Both are moving the tire out 2 inches. The forces the hub sees are exactly the same.
The only real downside to spacers vs wheel offset is that it adds a possible point of failure. But on the upside you can take them off to fit through 50" gates, then out them back on when you are back to normal trails.

It's kind of amazing how much that extra 4 inches increases stability.
I just put on 2"spacers and 4+3 offsets on my trail and boy, what a difference in both stability and ride quality. Machine corners level now, with little to no body roll and the suspension seems to take the terrain better with the new width. Awesome addition.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just put on 2"spacers and 4+3 offsets on my trail and boy, what a difference in both stability and ride quality. Machine corners level now, with little to no body roll and the suspension seems to take the terrain better with the new width. Awesome addition.
Good to hear, I cant wait to try mine out this weekend. I'm going to what's called ten mile, in West Virginia. It's a big mud bog feast they have there, every Memorial day and Labor day weekends. I'm not participating in that, just hopefully will enjoy the 45 mile ride, there and back. Last time in W Va. The 50" trail rzr was a bit to tippy, for me on some of the off camber rock climbs and decents.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just keep an eye on your wheel bearings. 2" spacers and 4+3 wheels is definitely going to noticably affect their lifespan... Worth it for the extra stability if you need it, but something to keep in mind...
Also make sure you re-torque the spacers after you driven around 50 miles...

·
Registered
2019 Polaris 900 EPS TRAIL 50
67 Posts
So I need wheel spacers to put some 27x11x12 rear wheels on my rzr trail. Only lacking about 1/2" of clearance. So I was thinking 1" spacers. Then I wondered don't they have to be thicker than the wheel studs? So should I measure my studs and buy something longer?

I have a 2019 rzr 900 Trail with Terrabites 27x11x12 on stock 12" rims on the rear... no problem with clearance. The fronts are 27x9x12 and no problems there. My rzr is completely stock except for the tires.

I also slap diamond studded chains on all fours in the winter,,,, still no problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2019 rzr 900 Trail with Terrabites 27x11x12 on stock 12" rims on the rear... no problem with clearance. The fronts are 27x9x12 and no problems there. My rzr is completely stock except for the tires.

I also slap diamond studded chains on all fours in the winter,,,, still no problems.
do you have piggy back reservoirs? looks like mquick5 does.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts