Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out ridin this eve and dont kno what happened. Rock,stick or something gashed my oil filter and before i caught it junked my holz racing motor.That really suxs!!!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
called ins and started a claim hopefully they take care of it but i dont know how they will handle the holz engine.Will they want to go back with a stocker or will they buy back the holz parts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
i know that on my insurance it just covers stock machine. I have to go and make a list of all the accessories that are on there then they add it to the plan. Not sure about a motor though, as long as they knew about it i dont see why not. Whats the point of having insurance if the accessories cost more the machine is worth? Hope it goes well though

·
Registered
916 Posts
That sucks, I will remember to keep my eye on the filter when I'm riding through the sticks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry that sucks ,when you get it back together look into the Dakota digital Gage ,it will monitor your oil pressure for you ,it would start to flash a warning as soon as you lost pressure .
Where did you get yours from?

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
Sorry that sucks ,when you get it back together look into the Dakota digital Gage ,it will monitor your oil pressure for you ,it would start to flash a warning as soon as you lost pressure .
Where did you get yours from?
That is a bummer, you can get your Dakota digital here Click Here

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
damn...that sucks to hear about your motor.

insurance policy rates are based on replacement costs. so if you insure a stock machine you will be charged the rate for a stock machine (as well as your other factors...age, location, etc). if you add equipment that is going to increase the value of the machine (and therefore the replacement cost), the insurance company is going to require you to identify the parts (usually identified as special equipment) and the increased value so they can increase your rates appropriately.

think of it this way...if pay the low rates for a plain old completely stock car worth $500, the insurance isnt going to pay out $5,000 just because you added $4500 worth of stereo equipment. Anyone who thinks their insurance is going to pay for accessories without raising your rates needs to check their policy really closely

·
Registered
85 Posts

insurance policy rates are based on replacement costs. so if you insure a stock machine you will be charged the rate for a stock machine (as well as your other factors...age, location, etc). if you add equipment that is going to increase the value of the machine (and therefore the replacement cost), the insurance company is going to require you to identify the parts (usually identified as special equipment) and the increased value so they can increase your rates appropriately.

think of it this way...if pay the low rates for a plain old completely stock car worth $500, the insurance isnt going to pay out $5,000 just because you added $4500 worth of stereo equipment. Anyone who thinks their insurance is going to pay for accessories without raising your rates needs to check their policy really closely
True, I guess I wasn't clear. I do pay a premium to cover all aftermarket parts, but my insurance agent knew what this machine is used for and just added that coverage from the beginning. Part of that premium is that I don't have to identify what I put on it as I make changes, I just need to keep receipts for any items so if I make a claim, I can show I had already made those improvements. so, that being said, your agent may have been smart enough to know how we use the machines and taken that into account already.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts

True, I guess I wasn't clear. I do pay a premium to cover all aftermarket parts, but my insurance agent knew what this machine is used for and just added that coverage from the beginning. Part of that premium is that I don't have to identify what I put on it as I make changes, I just need to keep receipts for any items so if I make a claim, I can show I had already made those improvements. so, that being said, your agent may have been smart enough to know how we use the machines and taken that into account already.
that was smart to add the extra coverage right off the bat. many peeps find out the hard way when they get an insurance check that wont even cover the vehicle's replacement cost. this is also a good reason to keep the stock parts to swap back onto the machine before the insurance picks it up if it ever gets totalled

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
sounds like some kind of guard might be needed for some of you woods riders...hmmmm ok vendors there is your mission

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
With my insurance I submit receipts and pix of all bolt ons and its added to the policy. So far the premium has stayed the same for me. Without that it goes back to stock as thats what is on their books.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts