Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Administrator
50,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 facebook groups one from New Mexico and one from Colorado hosted a ride in Northern New Mexico ( Santa Fe Off-road ) and (ATVCO group out of Colorado ) They had about 90 cars with them and decided to go off-trail and do donuts in a pristine meadow I have enjoyed for the last 10 years, They also left their share of beer cans and trash all over the meadow.
This is what leads to us all losing our riding areas for good! Please your machines responsibly and stay the Trail , and pack out whatever you bring in.
I have been in touch with the local and state agencies and I will be putting a team together to travel up to the site and repair the ground and plant new grass.

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have a shooting range at our riding area. Some numb nuts shot the whole place up after a new shelter was made there. Same thing around the campgrounds and gravel roads with people doing donuts. The place is 6000+ acres and you have to do donuts in the campground? There is literally an open gravel area to do that kind of stuff within 100yrds. Doesn't make any sense to me. Luckily we have Rangers who patrol often and will write you ticket. Of couse there is no legal standing behind the ticket so if you never want to come back, then you don't pay the ticket.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ya I hate that. I go out to Barstow, nowhere near the popular areas. North in the boonies away from all civilization. There’s a shooting spot thats really good and somehow got popular after someone on a gun website posted the spot and now the website hosts multiple annual events and posts the location publically so all sorts of people are finding out and heading that way. The whole area is now always trashed with garbage, there’s always people starting to show up to the area unlike how it’s been for the past 25 years with no one in the area. Someone recently shot up and burned down this guys storage area. He owns 25 acres and stores all his semi trucks he owns and shipping containers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is a shame. Clubs in our area promote good trail education/use. The clubs maintain trails and improve riding areas. I hate seeing post like this as the internet gets ahold of the pictures and stories. It then becomes an anti atv/sxs platform.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
So many idiots in one spot. With so many, someone on this forum must know someone of this group. The group needs to be contacted and educated and ask to make repairs or at least pay for others to clean up there mess. Have very hard time understanding all the empty heads in this group. We are indeed our own worst enemy. This is a BIG problem with large new groups. Afraid it may only get worse. AND YES, we will only continue to see more and more closed signs. So many places in the West are being taken over for wilderness areas. Most of them burn from natural causes in a few years because they cannot fight the fires. Some burn repeatedly. These pictures make me sick.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Assholes, plain and simple. No riding etiquette whatsoever. Props to you Frank for mounting the effort to restore the damage, and send a big message that a lot of us care about these places and we sure as hell dont want to lose them to some bad eggs..

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are they related to the assholes that do this kind of shit????????????
78B7D22B-836B-45DF-8FBB-45869C349D5B.jpeg

Reactions: White Lightning 19

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not sure I'll ever understand that behavior. Anyone caught doing that in our riding group would be booted immediately. If not, I would disassociate myself with that group. Those individuals are the dumbasses who refuse to understand the concept of self preservation. Although, I question the whole group. No one had the balls to stand up and say "Hey, dips***!, this is wrong?"

·
Registered
255 Posts
Afraid it may only get worse. AND YES, we will only continue to see more and more closed signs. So many places in the West are being taken over for wilderness areas. Most of them burn from natural causes in a few years because they cannot fight the fires. Some burn repeatedly. These pictures make me sick.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net
Happening in the Midwest too. Gotten to the point they are even outlawing horseback riding and river access by boat. Not sure how you get more natural then horseback riding but stupid people leave their trash and don't pick it up. Everyone suffers.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good lord, the lower picture shows a roach coach.

Food & beverages provided so you can destroy the National Forest on a full stomach.

Even have kids watching. Great lesson for the kids. They will understand in the future why they can't ride anywhere because everything is closed when they get old enough to purchase their own machine.

Assholes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Frank, there's a post on your page about this situation that illustrates part of the problem. It's hard to believe, but apparently some people don't know any better. This kind of abuse may be considered just fine in some parts of the country, similar to leaving a hearth full of garbage and TP in the bushes.

Only asking because I'm from back east and don't know. Is the issue that they rutted up a nice green medow? I mean is it an issue of going off established trail type thing? Or did they leave trash everywhere? Just trying to understand the full problem.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts