Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the makin' trax website looking at the replacement progressive spring kit for the RZR-S, but I have a few questions.

I remember reading about different weight setups here on the forum, but there is only one "kit" on the website for the progressive springs...it doesn't say anything about different spring rates.
If it matters...my RZR has a few bolt-on items that make it a little heavier than stock, but nothing crazy. I'm around 240lbs, and I do ride with a passenger quite a bit who is around 150lbs...but I do ride by myself on occasion. 99% of the time I ride on the dunes, and I'm just trying to solve the bottoming out issue when I reach the bottom of one dune and start up the next.

Also, what color are the springs available in? Hopefully black or silver, I'm not a big fan of the factory red ones and don't want any other flashy colors either.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Honestly I would give Steve a call and he can point you in the best direction. Just be honest with what you want to do with your machine. I have 225/250 springs because I have a passenger in my vehicle alot of the time. If not maybe you could go with a 200/225.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I think they are silver only.

My first set was 225 in the front and 250 in the back.
After the frame stretch and added weight for the Apex engine I now have 300/350.
You can put the same springs on front or back... so you could also go with 225/300, 250/300, or 250/350.
Not sure what other options are available.

When Steve sings on he can give you better info as to what you should try with your setup.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, thanks guys.

I have found myself stomping on the brakes quite often when I have a passenger with me while getting towards the bottom of a big hill...even with the valving adjusted to the tightest setting, it still bottoms out pretty hard if I carry too much speed (seems like the rear shocks bottom out the worst). Hopefully the progressive springs takes care of that issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts