Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my mom retired and is on fixed income. Her property management evicted her from her home to remodel and sell it. I moved her in my house and I’m sleeping in the living room. I’m thinking to get money fast I can sell my rzr and get money down on a house for her. I’ve got a 2016 S1000 I’m in California wanted to get an idea of what to price it at here’s what is on it:

Super Atv front bumper
Moto alliance headlight covers
Turbo hood
On bored air compressor
10”light bar grill
Fender extensions
Rt pro springs
Tusk mirrors
UTV lower doors,roof,and tree kickers
Door decals
15”rims with 30” mongrels and spare
Pro armor door bags
Steering wheel
Rugged radio cb
Xp console
Dragofire harnesses
Half and full windshields
Cheaper 32”curved light bar
Highlifter rear control arms
Tusk rear rack,bumper&tire carrier
Kimpex 5 gal can with rotopax mounts
Fire extinguisher
I’m sure I’m forgetting other things
The rzr has 627 miles and 43 hours
I was thinking of listing it for 13,500 or 14,000 wanted to know if you guys think that’s reasonable or am I asking to much thanks for any help.I’ll get another one someday hopefully an rs1turbo I won’t be selling it till January but will put up here. Thanks again for any input 1st
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t have a strong POV on the value of your RZR but if your mom is on a fixed income may I offer some unsolicited advice and suggest you rent her an apartment or something simple rather than a house? My honest POV, especially in California (where I live most of the time myself) is that house prices are at a near peak and could easily drop or at least stagnate for several years. Plus you have all sorts of risks which aren’t good for fixed income. Get your mom into a situation she can afford within her means, or perhaps with a defined monthly contribution from you, and avoid potential stress from unexpected costs that it sounds like you’d have to take on. BTW I’m nearly 50 and facing a similar situation with my parents (I’m also a finance professional, eg a CPA). Not an easy choice, especially since you care for your mom, but in the end finding something sustainable and low risk is key for both of you. By avoiding a cash outlay you can keep that RZR if you still like it, and avoid losing much of the value, especially the upgrades. A turbo RS1 from the factory seems likely - maybe you can get one a year or two from now and have a win-win? Anyway, apologies if you don’t want thoughts from strangers - and ignore as you see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advice. Where I live it’s crazy I feel like payment on a house or more like a condo or townhouse would be cheaper than renting her one right now its crazy. I probably will end up renting her something or trying to get a bigger place. Thanks again simsy

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m glad you don’t think I’m too nosey. On your rent/ buy - Mortgage payment may be cheaper than rent but add in taxes, insurance, HOA and maintenance and you might be closer than you think? Perhaps you could suggest she get some room mates? I’m married to one woman who lives in Oregon and live 75% of the time with two others in a room mate situation (no funny business!) in California. It works fine and is literally a third of the cost. I basically sleep there - why would I care who else is there ? Of course your mom would be there more but maybe she could find some working people (men or women) to rent rooms in her place? Lots are out there. Anyway, I really will leave you alone now. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts