Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There aren't any dumb questions, but I am pushing the limits on that this weekend.

And with that being said.........

I have the 800 razor LE and I want to buy some harnesses so as to keep my a$$ from flying out of it from when, not if, but when I do something stupid.

Here is what I am planning on buying:

Pro Armor 4 PT. 3" Padded Seatbelt Harness

Now.....from their pics on the website, their seats have slits in the headrest of them so that the straps go through them. My seats do not have slits in them. Will these still work with my seats, and if so, are they going to be hard to install----if you have zero mechanical abilities.

Thanks for the help, and again, even though I will ask a lot of questions, I will be certain to patronize the vendors here.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
There aren't any dumb questions, but I am pushing the limits on that this weekend.

I have the 800 razor LE and I want to buy some harnesses so as to keep my a$$ from flying out of it from when, not if, but when I do something stupid.

Now.....from their pics on the website, their seats have slits in the headrest of them so that the straps go through them. My seats do not have slits in them. Will these still work with my seats, and if so, are they going to be hard to install----if you have zero mechanical abilities.

Thanks for the help, and again, even though I will ask a lot of questions, I will be certain to patronize the vendors here.
If you have stock seats then yes they will work.
Have you checked out the UTV Inc harness? They seem to good ones as well.

The install shouldn't be too bad.
When I reinstalled my harnesses I added a link of chain and a speed clip.
This way I can take them out when I am washing my rig

·
Registered
212 Posts

Any pics of this setup? I'd like to see that, I hate having to hand dry my harnesses every time I wash it cause they get sopping wet.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts

Yes they'll work on your seats... I suggest 5 point 3" padded harnesses...

·
Registered
416 Posts
They work great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
With the stock seats the harness will want to slide down the rear bar behind the seat making them fall off your shoulders at times. I went the cheap route and used some 550 cord to tie them together which worked great but plenty of company's make clamps that solve that issue.

I am currently running the Pro Armor 3" 5 point / Pro Armor sniper seat combo and love it. (looks badass as well)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

Any pics of this setup? I'd like to see that, I hate having to hand dry my harnesses every time I wash it cause they get sopping wet.
Here you go:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Here you go:

I did pretty much the same thing. Did you do any kind of quick release on the shoulder straps or do you just undo them?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I did pretty much the same thing. Did you do any kind of quick release on the shoulder straps or do you just undo them?[/QUOTE]

I just undo the shoulder strap, I couldn't figure a way to do it with out making the belt too long.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts