Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
So I understand:

1. Man buys used RZR with 3300 miles.
2. Man drives RZR 300 miles in 6 years.
3. Man says RZR was "not abused" even though man has no idea about the previous 3300 miles.
4. Man claims RZR is "Junk"

:unsure:
You don鈥檛 need number 1,2 and 3 to arrive at the opinion of number 4.

Fact Check:

Wheel bearings are a very common replaced item.

Control Arm bushings and tabs are common failed arreas.

Front diff plastic sprague a common failure

Front diff mounting plate known to be weak and crack.

( I had every single one of those issues and more with my 800..... 馃)

Oh, and one more fact - There are man 鈥淜aren鈥檚鈥 馃槀

Advice to the OP: Use quality wheel bearings. All Balls are known not to be the best. 馃槈

Registered
You don鈥檛 need number 1,2 and 3 to arrive at the opinion of number 4.

Fact Check:

Wheel bearings are a very common replaced item.

Control Arm bushings and tabs are common failed arreas.

Front diff plastic sprague a common failure

Front diff mounting plate known to be weak and crack.

( I had every single one of those issues and more with my 800..... 馃)

Oh, and one more fact - There are man 鈥淜aren鈥檚鈥 馃槀

Advice to the OP: Use quality wheel bearings. All Balls are known not to be the best. 馃槈
In all fairness, the 800 stock bushings and bearings were crappy for where we ride. I know there was a lot of guys on this forum that ride in the sand putting thousands of miles on a set of bushings, bearings, and brake pads where we were lucky to get 500 miles out of any of it. We also can ride a hundred hard miles in a day where the full size guys might go 5 hard miles and 20 gravel miles. Polaris should recruit a few of us eastern mountain riders off this forum to help them develop a real mountain version. Factory portal option.....hmmm.

Registered
These things are junk...they f-ing eat wheel bearings like crazy..I bought all balls front wheel bearings, pumped them full of grease ,replaced the bushings and had to fix the frame where the control arm bolt attaches to the frame, new oem front hubs and STILL have wheel wobble!!!! All that bus going to do is wear the bearing faster that shit...

Who designed these??? A 5 year old?
Justin from shock therapy says don鈥檛 grease them if they鈥檙e a packed bearing. It causes heat that melts the grease that鈥檚 packed inside and they wear out

Registered
Got 3600+ miles on my 2009 800 S and it still keeps up with all my buddys newer rigs just not as fast lol.But it doesnt use or leak a drop of anything and runs like new!Will keep it til it rots back into the earth its a beast.Have done routine maintenance and replaced the primary clutch with an OEM polaris because the dealership screwed mine up and gave it to me at cost.

Registered
All Balls "seemed " like a good choice but have to agree...they are not great...maybe not the worst, but not great.
And i will agree it does kinda suck having to replace whl bearings often but its not a job that is very hard nor expensive. i can do a wheel in less than an hour i would bet.

It is part of owning a vehicle that rides in some of the harshest environments one can put a vehicle in and if you are not prepared to put in some maintenance time you should stay away from off road vehicles...and if you cannot fix them yourself? well better have deep pockets with a thick wallet.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts