Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT may be the tires!!!!!. I just replaced my stock Baja Cross tires that are
26X9X12 in the front and 26X11X12 in the rear with a set of the Interco Reptile Radial of the same size. My bike used to top out at 77 to [email protected] 8500rpm with the BJC and now the bike with the Repyile tires still hits the 8500rpm limiter but now tops out at 73-74mph.

I just measured the height of both tires with the same amount of tire pressure and the BJC are actaully 27 INCHES tall as compared to the Reptiles which are 26 inches tall. I also decided to measure a set of Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 the were also of the same size as the above tires and they were also 26 inches tall. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Its a falsity. Its NOT a bike!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Whats funny is my Blue used to run 77 to 79 mph when I first got it.It runs about 73 now with 700 miles I swapped the Baja Cross for 2.0 Bighorns at 100 miles.I didnt notice it but my buddies can am is not as far behind me like it used to be.Put the GPS on and sure enough 73 max.I was thinking it was the clutching from the miles.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
26X9X12 in the front and 26X11X12 in the rear with a set of the Interco Reptile Radial of the same size. My bike used to top out at 77 to [email protected] 8500rpm with the BJC and now the bike with the Repyile tires still hits the 8500rpm limiter but now tops out at 73-74mph.

I just measured the height of both tires with the same amount of tire pressure and the BJC are actaully 27 INCHES tall as compared to the Reptiles which are 26 inches tall. I also decided to measure a set of Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 the were also of the same size as the above tires and they were also 26 inches tall. Any thoughts?
Are you talking speedo mph or GPS mph?

·
Addicted
3,649 Posts
The Voodoo Blues are faster because they are the baddest ass looking RZR to date!! :ride: I would make them faster too if I were PoPo. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are you talking speedo mph or GPS mph?
ALL ON GPS.But the sppedo is also off with the smaller 26 inch tires. at 60mph on speedo with BJC tires, the gps read 59-60, then with the reptiles the speedo reads 60mph and gps id 56-57mph

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Since your new tires mesaure an inch smaller the math is simple.........26"/27" = 0.9629. 77 x 0.9629 = 74.1mph. To get the top speed back without changing a gear ratio or tire size, you'd have to turn around 8800 rpm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check your belt. Mine was changed over to Maxxis abuzz 14x11 all the way around and it still runs 80-82 hitting the rev limitter.

H

·
0 Posts
Since your new tires mesaure an inch smaller the math is simple.........26"/27" = 0.9629. 77 x 0.9629 = 74.1mph. To get the top speed back without changing a gear ratio or tire size, you'd have to turn around 8800 rpm.
Bingo! We have a winner:) smaller diameter tires..means you'll need to pull more RPM to get the same actual top speed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Voodoo Blues are faster because they are the baddest ass looking RZR to date!! :ride: I would make them faster too if I were PoPo. :)
The color is know by the Cat boys as "Blue By You!" LOL:rofl3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts