Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
How does it recommend to stop a 44 mag. attach?
Just aim for a near miss. You'll never prove self defense stopping a property theft unless you're personally attacked. Most CCW classes cover this in detail.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I try to secure the best I can- but really beleive that an enclosed is the best way to go.. and on my list..

I run Kryptonite cabels around the RZR frame to the trailer-and locks tight to the underside and thru the wheels to the axle-and back up to any solid structure. I cover the RZR with the towing cover -and..... I still take out my PRP seats and put them in either the motel with me or in the cab of my pickup.. My expensive stereo system is at the mercy of getting yanked out ............Nothing is really secure anylonger/ Keeping prying eyes off is the best I feel.. but an expensive deterrent

·
Registered
250 Posts
I try to secure the best I can- but really beleive that an enclosed is the best way to go.. and on my list..

I run Kryptonite cabels around the RZR frame to the trailer-and locks tight to the underside and thru the wheels to the axle-and back up to any solid structure. I cover the RZR with the towing cover -and..... I still take out my PRP seats and put them in either the motel with me or in the cab of my pickup.. My expensive stereo system is at the mercy of getting yanked out ............Nothing is really secure anylonger/ Keeping prying eyes off is the best I feel.. but an expensive deterrent
I kinda feel like if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. I ratchet strap mine down, and if someone wants it, they’re gonna take it. Locks only keep honest people and lazy criminals from taking it. Maybe then I can get the X3 that I should have bought in the first place . Just jokes, but really. If someone wants it bad enough, it’s gone.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
After watching the video of the ratchet style cable cutter... Sure makes a guy think about just trying his best to secure the RZR-
Buddy of mine had his cover stole off his RZR while parked:oops:.... I talked to my insurance guy the other day- and it's best to take a video on your phone of the accerrories and the vin.... cause it neeeds to be insured of the entire value... not just the RZR value.... We are going to looses the battle- but at least we can put up a fight!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty much what everybody else has said, and I will add that I've bought some Bolt brand hitch pin and trailer locks as well as padlocks. Reason being is that they are keyed to your trucks ignition key which gives you one less key to think about keeping up with. They arent cheap but when you look at what they are protecting its not that much money.

Thanks for this info!
I bought the Bolt trailer lock, hitch pin lock, and the retrofit for the Harbor Freight trailer tongue toolbox.
I was a little skeptical about whether the keying process would work the first time, or just render the lock unusable.
All locks keyed without a single glitch. This makes a huge difference in the silly number of keys to lug around.

·
Registered
575 Posts
A good cordless reciprocating saw and cordless angle grinder with cutoff wheels render just about any thing easily stealable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Keep in mind that many insurance policies have a verbiage that they dont pay if it isn’t locked. For me it has everything to do with being insured. Ease of defeating the locks is second

·
Registered
530 Posts
I run several cables in and around my machine including through anything that can be removed such as my PRP seats, wheels, bumpers, back rack etc. Then I have a long piece of red THHN that I wrap around everything and hook it to an old home alarm panel I have set up in a tool back in the bed of my truck. They cut that wire and they will get an earful. I realize they can jump it, but most thieves are that well prepared.

Also, RZRtracker. Last time I went to TN and had to stay at a hotel we stayed up in Corbin KY about an hour out. Less people looking up there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Keep in mind that many insurance policies have a verbiage that they dont pay if it isn’t locked. For me it has everything to do with being insured. Ease of defeating the locks is second
If your insurance says that, switch insurance companies. Doesn’t matter if it’s left running in the middle of a ghetto, stolen is stolen.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts