Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1401 - 1408 of 1408 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mayor Doug:
I will send you the information, check out the "Discussion" I have sent you. Also help us help you by putting your general location in your profile. That way others in your area can help you with issues, make new friends to ride with or just enjoy a beverage with new group.
Keep that hammer and pipe wrench handy, you might need it.
Pullerguy aka Les

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That would have been the perfect time to schedule a Pinion Nut dance. The project isn't too bad to do though, typically it takes 3 1/2 - 4 hours to complete. Send us a PM with your e-mail addy and we will send you the information we have for the project.

Les

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Les. Appreciate the help. I haven't done much reassembly beyond torqueing the mounts. Want to run it a few hours first. Pulled it a second time already because my stator ground wire fried due to a bad frame ground. Also changing the wire harness to chase a TPS fault.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi there Les, I got another member to the "Tight Nut Gang" last Thursday. He brought it to my shop, with a friend to help. I found out sometimes too much help is not good. I told them they had to keep track of where the bolts came out and had a cardboard box ready for them. The friend is one of those guys that takes things apart and throws them where ever. Short story, as I was replacing bolts on the right side I left them to figure out where the left side bolts went. I had to grin quietly as I heard much heated discussion as to why they had to take the long ones out AGAIN. Anyway we got all back together and it runs well. It is a 2009, the pinion nut may have had 100lbs of torque, but far from being tight yet. Had less than 4000 miles on it.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Jack:
Good job, I think you and I are a lot alike, I would have done the exact thing. We are getting those loose nuts out oft he woods one at a time. We have tools in New York and Minnesota right now taking care of a couple.
Have a Blessed Day
Les

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a rip and tear bolt tosser....been that way for years. You can actually get technique at it over time. I pull it all and stuff into a coffee can or whatever, clean all the bolts and then lay them out on a rag. I put all the same stuff in stacks together. Then its just a proper depth and size game. Gets a little tougher with stuff thats half metric, half American but it takes me so much longer to keep track of everything then to just stack it. The only thing I really keep track of now is stuff that wears into each other like lifters, pushrods, rockers, connecting rods...those kind of parts.

Les is the man!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Rhino89523:
Rip and tear is fun some times, especially on something you work on all the time. The RZR diff and trans bolts I made a jig to put them, different years have different length so I like to keep them straight. Some hole are blind so a bolt close but just a bit long can punch a hole in the trans case.
What ever works and no bolts or nuts left over is all good.
Les

1401 - 1408 of 1408 Posts