Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

861 - 878 of 878 Posts

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
They made them RIGHT! Here is a Prototype installed. Thank You for the chance to be a part of making them. It was modified till it works Correctly! Save your Tranny! Get The Brake!!!

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
This is probably the best money I've spent on an RZR. I bought mine for my 2012 900XP and its been on three more sense more than 12000 miles of use and still works as good as it did the day I bought it. Everyone should get this its a bargain and very high quality and super easy to install and use.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey guys,

I have the pawltector on both of my RZR's, and I think they are a great product. Here's a suggestion to make them even better...

I recently did a long distance ride and wanted some way to lock my RZR up in the hotel parking lot (no truck or trailer with me, just the RZR). I know that if someone wants it bad enough, nothing will stop them - but when I leave my RZR I feel like its too easy for a devious or drunk person to just roll it away.

So check this out - I drilled a hole in my Pawltector parking brake and ran a padlock around the brake lever so the Pawltector can't be released with the padlock in place. It ain't perfect but it was an easy mod and it does make it harder to steal!

Or if you have kids it'll keep them from joyriding when you aren't around (though it might cost you a belt if they try). If my dad had a RZR when I was young, I surely would have put some miles on it.

I posted this mod in the 900 Trail forum last week but I felt it worked so well that you might want to consider adopting a similar solution into the product design. I did have to try a few padlocks before I found the perfect fit.

My brother has a competing product (the one with the red handle) and he tried to find a way to modify his to integrate a lock - not possible.

It isn't perfect but it'll keep it from moving for sure. Thanks!

WALLY

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
Hey guys,

I have the pawltector on both of my RZR's, and I think they are a great product. Here's a suggestion to make them even better...

I recently did a long distance ride and wanted some way to lock my RZR up in the hotel parking lot (no truck or trailer with me, just the RZR). I know that if someone wants it bad enough, nothing will stop them - but when I leave my RZR I feel like its too easy for a devious or drunk person to just roll it away.

So check this out - I drilled a hole in my Pawltector parking brake and ran a padlock around the brake lever so the Pawltector can't be released with the padlock in place. It ain't perfect but it was an easy mod and it does make it harder to steal!

Or if you have kids it'll keep them from joyriding when you aren't around (though it might cost you a belt if they try). If my dad had a RZR when I was young, I surely would have put some miles on it.

I posted this mod in the 900 Trail forum last week but I felt it worked so well that you might want to consider adopting a similar solution into the product design. I did have to try a few padlocks before I found the perfect fit.

My brother has a competing product (the one with the red handle) and he tried to find a way to modify his to integrate a lock - not possible.

WALLY

YES THAT WORKS GREAT...
THANKS FOR SHARING WE HAD A FEW PRE CUT THAT WAY DEF. WORKS AS A GREAT THEAFT DETERRENT..

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #875
This is probably the best money I've spent on an RZR. I bought mine for my 2012 900XP and its been on three more sense more than 12000 miles of use and still works as good as it did the day I bought it. Everyone should get this its a bargain and very high quality and super easy to install and use.

MADE IN THE USA...

·
Vendor
3,019 Posts
Hey guys,

WALLY
Sweet! I was going to do that! Now I will for sure.

861 - 878 of 878 Posts