Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those seats look really nice , gonna have to go see em
Are you riding soon? You can see the red ones in my RZR. Just got a set today.
Warren,

Any chance you could post pictures of them installed?

Also, have you had a chance to ride with them yet. How do they feel. Do they change seating position from stock, etc...

They look nice, just looking for more info. Too many seats out there to choose from.

·
Administrator
49,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Warren,

Also, have you had a chance to ride with them yet. How do they feel. Do they change seating position from stock, etc...

They look nice, just looking for more info. Too many seats out there to choose from.
ttt

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Warren,

Sorry to take so long in responding. I have been working double shifts and no time to play with the RZR. I hope to get the seats installed tomorrow. Once installed I will repost with pics and review of position changes if any. As you saw in Frank's post Mike at Rose-dales had put them out on display. I sat in one, on the floor for a while, when having a discussion with Mike about suspension settings and upgrades. I suffer from permanent nerve damage in my left hip/leg and the stock seats are far from ideal which causes much discomfort. I usually ride with an Airhawk cushion to prevent those problems. The slightly elevated position and movement is not ideal for hard cornering though. I found that while sitting in the showroom, on the new seat, I didn't have that same issue. Additionally the sides are just high enough to give a secure feel but should be an easy / entry exit from the RZR. I like the fact that they have been set up with the four / five point harness users in mind with the cut outs and a strap is included to access the release lever remotely. Polaris has eliminated the gap between the seat back and base which aides in comfort and safety.

I will let you know more after the install.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Warren,

I got a chance to get them installed today. I found that the installation of the base plate was very easy, but getting them adjusted was something a tad more difficult.

The instructions state that you will need a 13mm socket with wrench, an 8mm wrench, safety glasses, and a T27 socket. The directions also state that four bolts with square washers are provided. There are four new bolts in the base of the seat when you unwrap it but no square washers. The bolts use a 1/2 socket not a 13mm. There are four flat washers and four lock washers instead of the square washers the directions call for. The directions also tell you to use an 8mm wrench and phillips screw driver to install the remote release strap to the base plate. I found that the supplied bolts needed a 7/32 socket instead of the called for 8mm socket / wrench. The directions also call for you to run the release strap through the slot and into the back of the seat (there is no slot). You have to run the strap around the base of the seat cushion and up to the top of the seat. I also found that my seat base and bolt holes on my new seat rails did not line up exactly right. I was able to get them in but it was a very tight fit. You can see from the pictures there are cut outs in the back and front of the seat to accommodate a four / five point harness and that there is an attachment point built into the seat base for the fifth point. I couldn't find a way to mount my fifth point to this since the bolt hole is too close for the anchor piece supplied with my harnesses to fit. I left my fifth point attached to the frame for now. This will present a problem when I need to remove the seats in the future to check oil, etc.... in that you must remove the fifth point completely from the seat to remove the seats.

I found that the new style Polaris seats have a straighter back on them compared to the older stock seats. The seat cushion is quite a bit longer as you can see in the photos but my clearance to the dash stayed almost the same. The seat base on the stock seat is angled quite a bit more than the new style seat. I did see that the final seat height where the seat base and back join was almost identical on the stock seat with the seat adjusters compared to my new seat without the seat adjusters. For the initial installation I did not reuse my seat adjusters since I am tall (6ft) and already have a tendency to hit my helmet on the cage. With no helmet on I don't have that problem but I rarely get into my RZR without one. One more thing I noted, the stock seats have a higher back on them than the new style. I am not sure that I find this a positive thing. The higher back acts as a headrest much like in automobile to stop the rearward movement of the head. This is more of an issue for automobile drivers due to the probability of being rear ended, but in either case your head / helmet is now unobstructed by any mass behind your head. The other thing that I am not quite sure about on fitment is that the seat backs are in the same position at the top of the old (which had a greater angle) and new seats (more upright) and so the new seats are touching the adjoining section of the lower frame to the roll cage behind the seats. The new seats are also a very tight fit width wise, as you can see in the photos, where they touch the center shifter housing and the outer frame support bar next to the door. The release strap works quite well and make for easy lock and remove of the seat. I found that by placing the front of the base even with the front cross bar of the seat suspension that I had just enough room to run my fifth anchor point up through the slot. I also found that this was the farthest point back that I could put the seat and still be able to lock it into place. I am still not sure this is where I will leave it though, as you can see in the pictures it is compressing the seat back slightly on the roll cage / frame joint. I am using the three inch padded PRP five point harnesses that have the sewn in chest clips. I found that it was not impossible but it did require quite a bit of tugging on the belts to get them to fit through the slots provided in the seat back. I suspect that using a two inch padded harness might be quite a bit easier. The seats also do overlap the fuel cap but does not hamper its removal or appear to make fueling difficult.

After getting the seats installed I took the photos showing clearance for me in both the driver and passenger seats. I also found that I felt much more secure in the seats than I have previously while in the harness. The seats help to position the harness just below my shoulder line for a fit that pulls me down into the seat securely. The lap belt portion also fit more square across my lap due to the changed seating angle. I did find the seat to feel comfortable to sit in while wearing the harness (which says a lot) but I won't be able to really comment on this aspect of comfort until I get a chance to really put the seats to a long day of riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Warren,

I got a chance to get them installed today. I found that the installation of the base plate was very easy, but getting them adjusted was something a tad more difficult.

The instructions state that you will need a 13mm socket with wrench, an 8mm wrench, safety glasses, and a T27 socket. The directions also state that four bolts with square washers are provided. There are four new bolts in the base of the seat when you unwrap it but no square washers. The bolts use a 1/2 socket not a 13mm. There are four flat washers and four lock washers instead of the square washers the directions call for. The directions also tell you to use an 8mm wrench and phillips screw driver to install the remote release strap to the base plate. I found that the supplied bolts needed a 7/32 socket instead of the called for 8mm socket / wrench. The directions also call for you to run the release strap through the slot and into the back of the seat (there is no slot). You have to run the strap around the base of the seat cushion and up to the top of the seat. I also found that my seat base and bolt holes on my new seat rails did not line up exactly right. I was able to get them in but it was a very tight fit. You can see from the pictures there are cut outs in the back and front of the seat to accommodate a four / five point harness and that there is an attachment point built into the seat base for the fifth point. I couldn't find a way to mount my fifth point to this since the bolt hole is too close for the anchor piece supplied with my harnesses to fit. I left my fifth point attached to the frame for now. This will present a problem when I need to remove the seats in the future to check oil, etc.... in that you must remove the fifth point completely from the seat to remove the seats.

I found that the new style Polaris seats have a straighter back on them compared to the older stock seats. The seat cushion is quite a bit longer as you can see in the photos but my clearance to the dash stayed almost the same. The seat base on the stock seat is angled quite a bit more than the new style seat. I did see that the final seat height where the seat base and back join was almost identical on the stock seat with the seat adjusters compared to my new seat without the seat adjusters. For the initial installation I did not reuse my seat adjusters since I am tall (6ft) and already have a tendency to hit my helmet on the cage. With no helmet on I don't have that problem but I rarely get into my RZR without one. One more thing I noted, the stock seats have a higher back on them than the new style. I am not sure that I find this a positive thing. The higher back acts as a headrest much like in automobile to stop the rearward movement of the head. This is more of an issue for automobile drivers due to the probability of being rear ended, but in either case your head / helmet is now unobstructed by any mass behind your head. The other thing that I am not quite sure about on fitment is that the seat backs are in the same position at the top of the old (which had a greater angle) and new seats (more upright) and so the new seats are touching the adjoining section of the lower frame to the roll cage behind the seats. The new seats are also a very tight fit width wise, as you can see in the photos, where they touch the center shifter housing and the outer frame support bar next to the door. The release strap works quite well and make for easy lock and remove of the seat. I found that by placing the front of the base even with the front cross bar of the seat suspension that I had just enough room to run my fifth anchor point up through the slot. I also found that this was the farthest point back that I could put the seat and still be able to lock it into place. I am still not sure this is where I will leave it though, as you can see in the pictures it is compressing the seat back slightly on the roll cage / frame joint. I am using the three inch padded PRP five point harnesses that have the sewn in chest clips. I found that it was not impossible but it did require quite a bit of tugging on the belts to get them to fit through the slots provided in the seat back. I suspect that using a two inch padded harness might be quite a bit easier.

After getting the seats installed I took the photos showing clearance for me in both the driver and passenger seats. I also found that I felt much more secure in the seats than I have previously while in the harness. The seats help to position the harness just below my shoulder line for a fit that pulls me down into the seat securely. The lap belt portion also fit more square across my lap due to the changed seating angle. I did find the seat to feel comfortable to sit in while wearing the harness (which says a lot) but I won't be able to really comment on this aspect of comfort until I get a chance to really put the seats to a long day of riding.
Couldn't fit all the photos into the last message. Attached to this photo you can see the back of the seat in contact with the frame / roll cage joint, and the final seat position as far back as I can get them with harnesses installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, that has to be the most in depth, extensive review of any product I have ever read in my life..great job!..but I read it as bad news for the seats I was hoping to buy for my new RZR XP...I may skip the Polaris seats now...But, I will tell you all about a seat one of the guys I ride with has..He has the Twisted Stitch Bench seat in his RZR 800...I sat in it..and it was sweeeeet!...very cool looking seats too. I have sat in a few different seats and his were by far the most comfy..but I do like the look of the Polaris ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Wow, that has to be the most in depth, extensive review of any product I have ever read in my life..great job!..but I read it as bad news for the seats I was hoping to buy for my new RZR XP...I may skip the Polaris seats now...But, I will tell you all about a seat one of the guys I ride with has..He has the Twisted Stitch Bench seat in his RZR 800...I sat in it..and it was sweeeeet!...very cool looking seats too. I have sat in a few different seats and his were by far the most comfy..but I do like the look of the Polaris ones.
I am somewhat neutral on the seats for now. They are comfortable to sit in but I have yet to ride in them. From talking with other riders Polaris certainly is not the only manufacturer that the harnesses are a tight fit going through the back on. I don't regret having purchased these. I have sat in some others that have very high sides on them that make getting in and out of the RZR difficult at best. These sit well, easy entry / exit and harnesses are more secure feeling than stock seats by far. As with any seat best advice is to try sitting in them before you buy.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
That was a great review, i would like to change seats but i am 6.4 and 290 lbs so far all of them i have set in have moved the seating pos. to much thanks for the right up.:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cant decide... I wanted the TS vortex 4.0, the Beard Super TZ or the Polaris. price wise the polaris has the edge. Comfort wise, I havent sit in the polaris, and the other two, the beard seems to be the most comfortable. I really like that Beard makes the polaris seat. Excellent quality. I wish some other owners would chime in on how they ride after a long day!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I just purchased and installed these seats as well. I have to agree, very tight fit. But once in everything seems ok. I do have 2" harness and the stock seat belts still installed. I may remove the stocks seat belts.

You do sit up higher than the stock seat. I changed both bases at the same time so I couldn't measure how much higher. This actually gives you slightly more leg room which I like.

I have not had time to ride on any rough terrain, but I thing they will do what they are supposed to.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Well I got the ride day in finally. These seats ROCK!! Hitting whoops, long flat high speed turn outs. Every kind of terrain. Felt very comfortable for the long time in the seat. When hitting the whoops the suspension was a very nice feel over the stock seat that didn't give at all. Aside from the minor inconvenience of the harness feed through the back of the seat (3" PRP padded with chest clip) I love the way these seats both look and feel. Missing the high back that I was concerned about turned out to be no concern at all. I have sat in a lot of the different seats and I feel really good about purchasing these. I have said before and I will say again, it is best to sit in as many seats as you can because they all sit differently.

·
Administrator
49,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looking at getting a set of these for my 2014 XP4 1000, does anybody know if the stock seat bases from my seats will fit these seats?
They will fit but i don't think they make those seats any more ,This thread is 6 years old :)

·
The Lone Rzr
2,048 Posts
Even if you could find these seats you might want to shop around.
I had them in my 900.
They weren't very comfortable for long rides and they were HEAVY

21 - 39 of 39 Posts