Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I know this has been beat to death, but I will ask anyway. I bought a 4 seat thinking we would take friends and family all the time and it would be great. We don't have any kids yet, but are about to have #1. The wife is now thinking it would be more fun to switch to a 2 seat and just buy another 2 seat later. I you had the option would you get two 2 seats or would you still do the 4 seat? Never ridden in a 2 seat but I have heard that the ride is not the same. We ride mostly wooded tight trails here in Arkansas.

·
Registered
555 Posts
2, 2 seaters lol. The 4 seaters climb good,and its nice to get 4 people in one,but thats it in my opinion,i went from 2 seaters,to a 4 seat turbo,i was in it by myself 95% of the time and hated it! Now i have a 2 seat turbo s and couldnt be happier,i love to ride again!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
2, 2 seaters lol. The 4 seaters climb good,and its nice to get 4 people in one,but thats it in my opinion,i went from 2 seaters,to a 4 seat turbo,i was in it by myself 95% of the time and hated it! Now i have a 2 seat turbo s and couldnt be happier,i love to ride again!
I just went from a 2 seat Turbo to a 4 seat Turbo S. Why did you hate the 4 seater? Congratulations on the new Turbo S!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If your wife loves to drive get two 2-seaters. If she’s not that into it get a 4-seater. Of course it’s harder to haul two separate machines. One 4-seater will fit in a toy hauler pretty well. I like our 4 seater but honestly all the seats aren’t full very much. Others have mentioned that you can fill those empty seats with extra gear. I guess it’s based on your riding style. And yup this topic has been hit harder then most of us hit the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Go with 2 x 2 seaters if the following conditions are true:

- You can haul 2 separate units easily, you'll need a pretty big trailer and truck
- You can store 2 separate units, I know a lot of guys get tired of storing units that don't used, will you be able to deal with a 2nd machine that sits most of the time?
- Your wife (or perhaps and older child) like to drive regularly
- Money isn't a big factor as price, maintenance, and accessories will cost double :)

Otherwise, just get a 4 seater and save some hassle (and money)

I have a 4 seater because I have 2 kids, but like Graniteguy, Im solo in it 95% of time. But... at the same time, I can't justify the cost of 2 units, nor would I enjoy having a 2nd unit that sits around most of the time, so a 4 seater works well for me and hasn't disappointed me despite what I "think I want".

Biggest downside to a 4 seater is not its size or cost or anything, its that nobody likes the backseats, even kids, especially on long rides. Front seats are just more fun.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just went from a 2 seat Turbo to a 4 seat Turbo S. Why did you hate the 4 seater? Congratulations on the new Turbo S!
Thanks! Kept high centring,tired of the 4 point turns,and like i said,i was in it by myself 95% of the time!

·
Registered
555 Posts
20190427_182423.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had a 4 seat 800, went to a 2 seater when we bought the XP1K. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the 4 seater again. It's mostly just the wife and I, but I like having the extra storage room and the 4 seater rides a little smoother/more stable, IMO. If/when we buy another RZR, we're definitely going back to a 4 seater.

We actually considered getting 2 RS1s - but as others have mentioned above, I didn't want the extra purchase cost, storage room, trailering issues (even though we rarely trailer for rides) and maintenance/upkeep on 2 rigs vs. 1. Not to mention that the wife doesn't like to drive all the time, and she would have a hard time keeping up on fast/technical rides - and I wouldn't want her trying to do so and getting in over her head.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for your input. You bring up some valid points for sure. My wife loves to drive and is crazier than I am. So crazy that she would probably roll her rig before I would. LOL. We do like having the extra room to carry more gear, but that gear rarely gets used. Like graniteguy16 said, I too get tired of high centering especially when other people are riding. The 3 point turns don't really bother me as most of the 2 seaters I ride with have to do them as well. I wish it was just a matter of more skinny pedal to solve high center. The runoff control bumps they put here in Arkansas are so sharp that you would probably endo. I do like the added stability when climbing and I can attest to the 4 seat over the 2 seat in climbing, but they have a roll cage for a reason and I am not really afraid to use it. Although, I do my best to keep the rubber side down! Our biggest complaint with the 4 seat is it just doesn't seam as sporty or lively as a 2 seat would be. The hauling and storing would kinda suck, but that's just a good excuse to get a bigger truck and a shop!!! Thanks again everyone. Have fun out there and keep the shiny side up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts