1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Old but not slow
3,175 Posts
It's too bad your date doesn't match the La Familia John Berry ride. We enjoyed riding with you folks last year!

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All time to start the planning and Logistics for our 6TH annual RZR forum ride at the Glamis North Hot Springs Resort, ATV Resort and RV Park .

Dates will be March 12 to the 15th . We are in need of ride leaders and sweepers .Please pm me if you can lead some rides out there .:)

Glamis North Hot Springs Resort | The Glamis Alternative | Hot Springs Resort, ATV Resort and RV Park

Events | Glamis North Hot Springs Resort

Reservation Info | Glamis North Hot Springs Resort

:)

·
Better Friend Than Enemy
2,760 Posts
If I don't have chemo that weekend we're in and can help.
Are we reading the reservation map right that there are no pull through sites left?
Are their overflow camp sites?

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are we reading the reservation map right that there are no pull through sites left?
Thank You .I will check with the resort later today .I think they still have pull through sites open .

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I talked to the folks at the Resort and you need to book for 4 days. I think the deal is next season they are going to require a 4 day minimum :sad: so if you make a reservation for 4 nights it will open up the available sites. You will be able to stay for 3 nights and be charged for only 3 nights you just have to send them an Email...

I am quite sure there are pull through sites available

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
The EllerClan will be out there

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are they still charging $10 just to pull onto their property and unload for a ride, even though you are not using any of their facilities. I mean just rolling the RZR off of a utility trailer and hitting up the wash or any surrounding attractions. I was shocked when they came out and told me that, especially being that I was the only person on the property other than two folks in the store.
Just didn't seem very friendly or like people people to me. I could be wrong but I do know Southern Hospitality when I see it and I felt none in their presence. I would like to come down for one of the days though so maybe they are friendlier when the cash is rolling in.

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are they still charging $10 just to pull onto their property and unload for a ride, even though you are not using any of their facilities. I mean just rolling the RZR off of a utility trailer and hitting up the wash or any surrounding attractions. I was shocked when they came out and told me that, especially being that I was the only person on the property other than two folks in the store.
Just didn't seem very friendly or like people people to me. I could be wrong but I do know Southern Hospitality when I see it and I felt none in their presence. I would like to come down for one of the days though so maybe they are friendlier when the cash is rolling in.
You came to a forum ride and they charged you to unload your rzr ???

·
Better Friend Than Enemy
2,760 Posts
I talked to the folks at the Resort and you need to book for 4 days. I think the deal is next season they are going to require a 4 day minimum :sad: so if you make a reservation for 4 nights it will open up the available sites. You will be able to stay for 3 nights and be charged for only 3 nights you just have to send them an Email...

I am quite sure there are pull through sites available
We tried that, didn't work.
We'll call the resort.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I felt the same way you did when I went to the SXSPerformance ride earlier this season. Goin' to have to think twice before I attend any functions at this place. Hopefully Cal will have a change of heart cuz I really did enjoy going there to ride with my buddies..........

·
Registered
296 Posts
No sir, I stopped by there a few weeks ago to check the place out and see what it was all about, and to see exactly where it was seeing as how there is so much conflicting information on this forum about where "Glamis North" is. Just my son, myself, an F-350 with a utility trailer, and my RZR. They let me drive trough and do a little walk around to familiarize ourselves with the place. Then I was talking to the guy and gal in the store about the pullthrough sites and whatnot and mentioned that we would like to unload and do some exploring up in the hills behind the place for two or three hours. Response was sure, for $10. I replied thank you very much for letting us check it out and have a nice weekend.
We then drove down and parked near the Marine base just over the canal at Slab City. I knew with my DOD sticker from 29 Palms and my Marine Corps Colors flying from the truck that my stuff would be under a watchful eye. We hit up the dunes and the wash but didn't make it up into the mountain trails.
Would definitely like to roll down for a day ride and put some faces to usernames and make some new friends but can't see paying anything if I'm using no facilities. Hell, I live in the middle of the Mojave and have since 1993. This stuff is right out my back door. Just wanted to enjoy some camaraderie.

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No sir, I stopped by there a few weeks ago to check the place out and see what it was all about, and to see exactly where it was seeing as how there is so much conflicting information on this forum about where "Glamis North" is. Just my son, myself, an F-350 with a utility trailer, and my RZR. They let me drive trough and do a little walk around to familiarize ourselves with the place. Then I was talking to the guy and gal in the store about the pullthrough sites and whatnot and mentioned that we would like to unload and do some exploring up in the hills behind the place for two or three hours. Response was sure, for $10. I replied thank you very much for letting us check it out and have a nice weekend.
We then drove down and parked near the Marine base just over the canal at Slab City. I knew with my DOD sticker from 29 Palms and my Marine Corps Colors flying from the truck that my stuff would be under a watchful eye. We hit up the dunes and the wash but didn't make it up into the mountain trails.
Would definitely like to roll down for a day ride and put some faces to usernames and make some new friends but can't see paying anything if I'm using no facilities. Hell, I live in the middle of the Mojave and have since 1993. This stuff is right out my back door. Just wanted to enjoy some camaraderie.
Bummer we have been going there for the last 5 years .Great trails right from the park . They have always gone out of their way to make our forum rides enjoyable .:)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Bummer we have been going there for the last 5 years .Great trails right from the park . They have always gone out of their way to make our forum rides enjoyable .:)

Well I have heard of some folks taking advantage of the facilities and not paying. I have been going there for years as well and I use the facilities. I understand that it might seem petty to charge for unloading so you can go ride but at least you know you stuff is safe and you can use the facilities if you like. It is the knuckleheads that abuse the privileges that force Cal to tighten things up. They really are good people and it would be worth 10 bucks to me.

·
Administrator
50,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi All time to start the planning and Logistics for our 6TH annual RZR forum ride at the Glamis North Hot Springs Resort, ATV Resort and RV Park .

Dates will be March 12 to the 15th . We are in need of ride leaders and sweepers .Please pm me if you can lead some rides out there .:)

Glamis North Hot Springs Resort | The Glamis Alternative | Hot Springs Resort, ATV Resort and RV Park

Events | Glamis North Hot Springs Resort

Reservation Info | Glamis North Hot Springs Resort

:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well I have heard of some folks taking advantage of the facilities and not paying. I have been going there for years as well and I use the facilities. I understand that it might seem petty to charge for unloading so you can go ride but at least you know you stuff is safe and you can use the facilities if you like. It is the knuckleheads that abuse the privileges that force Cal to tighten things up. They really are good people and it would be worth 10 bucks to me.[/quote]

I felt it was safer parked across from the Marines. We do take care of our own after all. I surely wasn't going to abuse any privileges as nothing was open or available to use.
I'll try and make it down for the March event and meet some of you fine folks. I want to see this bat cave and some of the other sites that have been posted from past events. And like I said earlier, hopefully they are friendlier when there is some cash rolling in for them.
I guess that would be worth the $10 and I would be enjoying a beverage and some groceries so it would go towards keeping the lights on for them.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts