Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the story.

My bike sat stationary not being used for about 5-6 weeks while I was getting light bar warranty work done to it. I get the bike back, it starts right up and drives fine. I get home and as I'm unloading it, I notice my accessory switches don't have the led backlights working like normal, my rock lights wouldn't come on and my winch wouldn't work. I called the shop back after checking the fuses and told them I would be bringing it back in a few days when I had time. I parked in the garage and hooked up a trickle charger to it. I do have a dual battery (odyssey) kit installed so it took 3 days to show it was fully charged. I went to load it back on the trailer and everything worked perfectly. Would a low charge on the batteries have caused these issues???? Haven't been able to get a clear answer yet.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yes. LED lights will not come on if voltage is too low.
Even though the factory switches led's were working? Any idea about the winch?
Takes good power to engage the winch contractor. Could have a bad cell in battery also. If things work after charging the batteries, then a test of battery under load sounds like a good idea. Use volt meter to get reading of battery sitting, start engine and test. Does everything work? Watch battery voltage as you turn on lights etc. Also good ideal to check battery connections and main grounds to frame.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Also, Autozone will load test battery for free, in vehicle. O'Reilly's too, probably.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay I know this is a little off topic but I just have to ask as I see the term "bike" used from time on the internet when talking about side by sides and UTV's. I've never heard this term in our area, so I have to ask, why do some people use this term? No disrespect at all, I'm just truly curious, LOL

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quads were called bikes for years and no one complained or cared. You can call them whatever you want. You paid for it, go for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quads were called bikes for years and no one complained or cared. You can call them whatever you want. You paid for it, go for it.
Well that would be a new one too. Never heard a quad, UTV or anything with four wheels ever been referred to as "bike" which we all know is short for bicycle, BI meaning two.........Again, I just think it's kinda comical is all, no disrespect, just having a little fun and posing a question.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Well that would be a new one too. Never heard a quad, UTV or anything with four wheels ever been referred to as "bike" which we all know is short for bicycle, BI meaning two.........Again, I just think it's kinda comical is all, no disrespect, just having a little fun and posing a question.
Yea! Some get hung up on it and think it is some kind of a crime. They take it way to serious. This sport is about fun. If someone wants to call them a bike, big deal.

Motorcyles are not bikes either. Bike is short for bicycle. A human powered two wheel narrow seat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea! Some get hung up on it and think it is some kind of a crime. They take it way to serious. This sport is about fun. If someone wants to call them a bike, big deal.

Ha ha, I hear ya.

Gonna call mine a "snowmobile" this winter!!:grin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ha ha, I hear ya.

Gonna call mine a "snowmobile" this winter!!:grin
Yeah, I'm not sure why I call it a bike. Guess I just always have......and its shorter than saying side by side.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
ATV was called bike because you straddled it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
To the OP ...did you ever determine the problem ? If not you may want to check your ground terminal on the frame in the rear drivers side wheel well
I have had 2 different machines that had a similar problem and the nut on the ground stud was loose ....Maybe we can get back on track now

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To the OP ...did you ever determine the problem ? If not you may want to check your ground terminal on the frame in the rear drivers side wheel well
I have had 2 different machines that had a similar problem and the nut on the ground stud was loose ....Maybe we can get back on track now
Never determined the problem. I'll check the connection, but if it was a bad ground, wouldn't it cause everything to not work instead of just a few things?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts