Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to form an informal family oriented riding group in the Texas area. We are north of Houston and frequent Creekside and River Run. Looking forward to getting out to other parks as well and know that it is more fun riding with a group.

Please PM me with contact info if interested.

Keith

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Went to HFs last Friday thru Sunday with my Son and family friend. We had a great time and it was not that hot. Did notice that the spring rains had made the trails a little harder, which are ok with us! I had new Carnavores (30s) and Alba beadlocks and could tell a nice improvement over my bighorns that were 27" if I was lucky. We ran at every trail that was SxS doable and a couple that we probably didn't have any business trying. Had to winch a couple of times, but no breakage outside body damage and cage scraps. Never took a by pass.

Also was the first trip with new dually. Frankly didn't pull any better than my old 2012 SRW SD, but I know I have some margin of safety with the duals.

Great time overall spent with family and friends off-roading and camping. I hate we missed the group ride, but we will catch the next one.

Edit...meant to post in the Hidden Falls thread! Sorry Keith. If you would like to exchange rocks for mud, there is usually somebody going to Hidden Falls.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m in north Dallas... Lewisville. It’s always fun riding in a group.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tentative planning a trip to River Run 8/2-8/3. Message if you would like to meet up.

Do you know that is their “Back to School Bash” weekend? (actually Aug 1 - 4). Maybe that’s why you are going. Unless there is another River Run that I am unaware of.

IMG_0074.jpg

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
15 Posts
Headed back to Creekside this weekend. All my friends have broken shit so its just Tanya on her sportsman and me on the rzr with our kids

·
Registered
15 Posts
Headed to creekside today. Should roll in about 1 or 2. Girlfriend got a new sportsman highlifter and it's too clean.....lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
We will have a group of 4 RZR's out at Gilmer for the Labor Day weekend. We will all be camping in the premium RV spots. 3 TRE's and 1 XP1K. Stop by and say hi if your around!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took my son out to TexPlex park. Got there kind of late but it was a blast! Two tracks and from what I could tell some trails. We never got around to the trails because we ran out of time. But definitely planning to go back. Anyone can show up with whatever size rzr. Next time around I would plan to stay a full day and ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking to form an informal family oriented riding group in the Texas area. We are north of Houston and frequent Creekside and River Run. Looking forward to getting out to other parks as well and know that it is more fun riding with a group.

Please PM me with contact info if interested.

Keith
Hello, new member here . Is this group still active? I live in Houston and looking for others to ride with. Please let me know if anyone on this thread is still active. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, new member here . Is this group still active? I live in Houston and looking for others to ride with. Please let me know if anyone on this thread is still active. Thanks, Brian
Headed out today with a few people to the new dso. I think it's called twisted river or something. It's in crosby, texas. Dont know why this riding group ain't too active but we are. We go to creekside in Splendora every other weekend or so. Let me know if you want to ride with us today. We should be there about 2 or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Headed out today with a few people to the new dso. I think it's called twisted river or something. It's in crosby, texas. Dont know why this riding group ain't too active but we are. We go to creekside in Splendora every other weekend or so. Let me know if you want to ride with us today. We should be there about 2 or so.
No good today, just got rzr last week and getting a trailer this weekend. But, I look forward to meeting up with you and others. What is dso? Let me know next ride, hopefully I will be ready then. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dso is down south offroad. They sold out and now its twisted river ranch. Nice place. We were covered in mud from roof to skid plate. I got buried once and had to winch. Buddy got stuck and had to winch. 1 buggy blew a belt and I had to drag him back to camp. 1 buggy blew a radiator hose but made it back. My tire came off
20200201_202515.jpg
the rim. Girlfriends sportsman high lifter made it the whole night with no problems. Even with problems, we all had a blast. Getting stuck and breaking is part of the game. We'll get them all put back together and be back next weekend. Either twisted river, or creekside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still active here! Just overlooked the notifications. I will post an invite the next time we ride. We camped at General Sams this weekend and had a great time. PM your contact information and we can get a group text going.

SQUIRREL TALES OFF-ROAD
Youtube Channel Coming Soon

1 - 20 of 30 Posts