Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve just completed the tender spring swap with springs from rmatv.
After the install the front shock spring plastic slider now rubs on the shock body, any idea how to fix this? I have made sure the upper and lower spring ends are opposite each other. Are the new tender springs too stiff? I may just go to a full eibach spring swap if I cannot stop the rubbing. Thanks

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,665 Posts
Sometimes the opposite ends trick doesn't work, and you just have to find the magic spot that aligns the divider. Probably going to take some playing with it to find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What RWB713 said. Clocked 180 degrees isn't always the right answer; sometimes they need to be 90 degrees one way or the other or even at zero. Every setup is slightly different. I also found that the orientation of the arrows in relation to the shock did change the alignment (ex: arrows in line with the car front to back or perpendicular to the car side to side).

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can play with it to make it better, but this is considered normal. My rear shocks I tried about everything but couldn’t get them to not rub some. Just make sure you wash in there to get the dirt out of the slider. People have issues rubbing through the shock body when they don’t clean in there decent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
All good advice here. So just play with it and see what works best. Make sure you wash your springs after every trip. Get the grit out from under the divider with water and soap. Help reduce wear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts