Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
The one thing I do not like about these, it it is basically a band aide. There is no proper cross over ring to go onto the main spring.

·
Can't 'Member.
662 Posts
Dieselsmith I finally found the pics I was looking for, I know you have decided on a direction but this will give you an idea of what I was talking about should you decide to explore other options down the road.
Below is a pic of the stock 2.0 shocks that come on the front of the XP1k, and the 2.5's I bought that were sprung and valved by Ed. The size difference is pretty obvious, and the functionality was just as different.

Then here is a shot of the rear Walkers that Ed reworked with springs, crossovers and valving.

I hope the tender replacement gives you what you are looking for, if not, and you decide to spend more cash to get the machine where you want it, these pics might be of value.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks everyone, I thought the xp turbo suspension was pretty decent out of the box. At least a big improvement over my 900s. So my logic is not using the tender springs as a band aid, it’s just improving what I already felt was fine. I see it as an improvement not a band aid. I’m not that guy that is going to notice every little difference in the shocks. I like the cushion from the bone jarring hits and I believe the tenders will help that. I don’t have dimes or desert in pa. I just ride trails. Some pretty wide open, and it did just fine stock so I can’t be worse off with tenders I wouldn’t think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I’m just looking for a more plush comfortable ride without going into full suspension. If I ever get to that point that I need it I’ll go that route I just don’t see that happening with me but you never know. 10 years ago (not that long) side by sides with this much horsepower or this much suspension travel didn’t exist. Correct me if I’m wrong but an rzr800s was the Cadillac of back then. It’s evolving as a sport and us as gear heads wanting to constantly improve things. We can’t help ourselves. Sometimes I like to look back. We get worked up over horsepower and statistics of what this machine or that machine will do-then we buy them. That’s why we all aren’t riding the original 800 rzr machines anymore. My xp turbo wasn’t my first rzr and I’m sure it won’t be by last but I sure know I’m doing things differently with this one vs my 2015 900s. I must be evolving too who knows.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'll chime in here because I am also looking to do this on my XP1000.

For those of you who use the tenders, how does it ride with it not being a TRUE dual rate spring with cross over ring installed? Basically its just the tender, divider and main spring. Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll chime in here because I am also looking to do this on my XP1000.

For those of you who use the tenders, how does it ride with it not being a TRUE dual rate spring with cross over ring installed? Basically its just the tender, divider and main spring. Thanks.
The initial travel with the tender setup is no different than a true dual rate setup. The only difference is that at a certain level of compression, a dual rate will transfer all the load to the main spring whereas with a tender only, the rate doesn't change. If you jump a lot, I'd say the tender only is not for you. For a more plush ride over the small chop, the tender only does great.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The initial travel with the tender setup is no different than a true dual rate setup. The only difference is that at a certain level of compression, a dual rate will transfer all the load to the main spring whereas with a tender only, the rate doesn't change. If you jump a lot, I'd say the tender only is not for you. For a more plush ride over the small chop, the tender only does great.
Thank you for that explanation.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So it is not advised to jump now that I have the tender springs?
I wouldn't say that. If you do big jumps, you'll have to tighten up the compression settings to keep the shocks from bottoming. I rarely jump and when I do it's usually an accident and I haven't had any issues yet and I keep my shocks at full soft. These tenders are a higher spring rate than the tender that comes in a dual rate setup. A dual rate without a crossover would probably be way too soft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2018 turbo dynamix and put the RZR AID tenders on for a little more comfort at certain speeds when hitting things. They work great and make the ride that much better. Have 3500 mile on the rig now and 2500 of those with the tender springs on it. it was money well spent and very easy install. I do 75 percent nor-cal single track trails with large logs and rocks to go over jumping water bars and bounceing over ruts. 20 percent high speed Nevada desert riding and 5 percent Oregon dunes. big jumps iam able to push the button and firm up the shocks so no bottoming. highly recommend the rzr aid tenders to smooth out the harshness and jarring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Have not made a trip with it yet. I will say the sky blue color didn’t match well and the paint was chipped up in them. Pretty easy install, their settings look pretty good for starters. Definitely a way beefier spring than the wimpy stock ones

·
Registered
220 Posts
Look at the springs on my new machine. I watched that video on changing them out and went to look, I’m absolutely floored Polaris has them even installed like this, there is almost zero room between the coils. Disappointing. Now I feel a bit set back on this whole pay more for better suspension stuff.
IMG_2108.jpg
IMG_2107.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
547 Posts
They are fine. They all come like that. There job is to keep the main spring intact when jumping. They work as designed. No one ever listens. It’s not a dual rate setup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I guess I’m one that doesn’t listen very well. Just trying to follow along and learn something is all. So a spring tender (and yes I read the whole thread) is a great or not so great addition (cheaper band aid) if you will. When that shorter spring is designed to take some of the “bump” out of normal whoops, it doesn’t appear as if is going to take nothing out of anything if they are completely compressed. So what am I missing here?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

41 - 58 of 58 Posts