Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My springs are almost all the way smashed down, not ready to do full suspension yet and was looking at the rzraid tender spring kit. Are there better brands out there? I liked these because you can get them in the matching sky blue as the factory springs. I think they are 240 on their site now.

85 Posts
It’s a good band aid for sure! I don’t think any 2 tender spring is better than another. Save your $$ and do a spring kit! I can get you a deal on the Eibach Stage 2 or 3 kit if your interested at some point!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same machine as you ?
I went with eibach and would recommend them because most companies out there sell you all 4 tenders the same and you need heavier tenders for the front vs the rear for best ride comfort/ performance. I have driven a rzr with full upper and lower coils and mine with tenders only rode the same. I'd only replace the lowers for stiffer ones if your doing big jumps.
hope that helps

·
Registered
186 Posts
The RZR Aid springs work really well and are worth the money for sure. Makes a very noticeable difference in the small bump plushness. The ones I have were given to me but were brand new in the box from a friend who sold his RZR before he installed them. They were marked front and rear. Not sure if they are different spring rates but either way, they have been a great addition. Don't let anyone tell you different.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I can't believe by now Polaris has not addressed this issue with those spring.
That's because there is nothing wrong with them, they are not tender springs. The upper spring is there simply to tension the lower spring at full droop.

If you search for RZR Aid you will get all the info you need.

There is no comparison between adding a generic tender spring and a complete spring package setup to your machine. As Mtauto said adding just a tender spring is a band-aid.

There is a ton of info on springs just do a search.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's because there is nothing wrong with them, they are not tender springs. The upper spring is there simply to tension the lower spring at full droop.

If you search for RZR Aid you will get all the info you need.

There is no comparison between adding a generic tender spring and a complete spring package setup to your machine. As Mtauto said adding just a tender spring is a band-aid.

There is a ton of info on springs just do a search.
While I do agree that tenders are a band-aid, the fact is they do work. I would never tout a tender spring addition to that of a full spring kit, but it does make a very noticeable difference. My problem is I recently got to take a spin in a machine identical to mine with revalved RC2's. That may have been the most expensive ride I've ever taken.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
While I do agree that tenders are a band-aid, the fact is they do work. I would never tout a tender spring addition to that of a full spring kit, but it does make a very noticeable difference. My problem is I recently got to take a spin in a machine identical to mine with revalved RC2's. That may have been the most expensive ride I've ever taken.
Yes, ride quality is all relative to what you have experienced. Once you've ridden in a tuned suspension machine it makes a difference.

·
Can't 'Member.
662 Posts
Dieselsmith and Dunerinaz...

I went through this with my 2014 XP1000 with the Walkers. There is a thread by me somewhere in the 1000 section
Yes it can be an expensive ride, but do your research. I hemmed and hawed, and finally called Ed the Suspension Guy.
The in depth result of that call is in the thread i mentioned, which I can't find right now :rolleyes::mad: but the bottom line is it was cheaper than 4 new shocks, springs, etc. and the thing about Ed was he LISTENS to you and gets info from you on weights, how your drive, where you ride, etc. You don't get a generic set up. He gives you options.
If you ask my wife, who, after almost 40 years of marriage to a complete gearhead, has heard every line of horse manure a guy can fling to justify toys and toy $, she will tell you it was the best bang for the buck we ever spent on any of the SXS stuff.
Later this year, probably before the fall riding season I will be calling him to order new springs for the Turbo S. Already talked to him, and know the direction we will go. Polaris goes with good manufacturers for their shocks, companies with name brands and reputations for quality in the business.
The problem is they don't allow those companies to spec and supply the springs. Polaris does that. They go with mega generic spring rates and use springs made of chinesium with the working life of wet cardboard...because they are cheap, and somehow when it comes to springs the bean counters are in charge, not the engineers, who I am sure pull their hair out trying to do this right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think almost all manufacturers supply their rides with crappy springs, not just Polaris.

After reading through the forums, I will be talking to Ed next year I hope. Sounds like there are a lot decent shocks out there that just need to be setup correctly.

·
Can't 'Member.
662 Posts
What Joe said.

Guys...RWB and Joe if yer out there...did we archive a bunch of threads when we moved? I jsut spent some time looking for the thread I wrote on the suspension work I had done on my XP1k and couldn't find it. It could easily be my failure ant google-fu but ???
I wanted to link to it here for others to read. I spent a lot of time and ink (virtual) on that sucker and there is a ton of info in there. I am gonna go look again but have read others reporting this problem. headscratch...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I meant the larger diameter tires made the sag look more. I know if it had lead doughnuts for tires the sag would be the same its just more noticeable to me now with the 30's.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,124 Posts
What Joe said.

Guys...RWB and Joe if yer out there...did we archive a bunch of threads when we moved? I jsut spent some time looking for the thread I wrote on the suspension work I had done on my XP1k and couldn't find it. It could easily be my failure ant google-fu but ???
I wanted to link to it here for others to read. I spent a lot of time and ink (virtual) on that sucker and there is a ton of info in there. I am gonna go look again but have read others reporting this problem. headscratch...
Click on your profile account at the upper right hand corner.
A drop down menu will appear and click on "following"
A list of discussions will appear and click on "my discussions"
all your threads you created will appear

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dieselsmith and Dunerinaz...

I went through this with my 2014 XP1000 with the Walkers. There is a thread by me somewhere in the 1000 section
Yes it can be an expensive ride, but do your research. I hemmed and hawed, and finally called Ed the Suspension Guy.
The in depth result of that call is in the thread i mentioned, which I can't find right now :rolleyes::mad: but the bottom line is it was cheaper than 4 new shocks, springs, etc. and the thing about Ed was he LISTENS to you and gets info from you on weights, how your drive, where you ride, etc. You don't get a generic set up. He gives you options.
If you ask my wife, who, after almost 40 years of marriage to a complete gearhead, has heard every line of horse manure a guy can fling to justify toys and toy $, she will tell you it was the best bang for the buck we ever spent on any of the SXS stuff.
Later this year, probably before the fall riding season I will be calling him to order new springs for the Turbo S. Already talked to him, and know the direction we will go. Polaris goes with good manufacturers for their shocks, companies with name brands and reputations for quality in the business.
The problem is they don't allow those companies to spec and supply the springs. Polaris does that. They go with mega generic spring rates and use springs made of chinesium with the working life of wet cardboard...because they are cheap, and somehow when it comes to springs the bean counters are in charge, not the engineers, who I am sure pull their hair out trying to do this right.
I know very well that the stock shocks can be revalved/resprung but that doesn't change the limitations of the stock shocks. Only so much can be done with them. I'm moving towards possibly building this thing into a desert car and racing it, so for me a better shock platform makes sense.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,370 Posts
What Joe said.

Was it a thread you started? Or a post within a thread someone else started? If you can remember anymore details I’ll try and get to the bottom of the mystery... This also reminds of several things I need to bring up as suggestions with the new format, but I’ll do that elsewhere lol

Shoot me a PM with any info you remember about the post and I’ll go Sherlock Holmes on it lol

1 - 20 of 58 Posts