I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Looks like you need 2 cams and 8 lifters
I wish I could tell you why

Any more info on what was going on when this happened

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
What oil and valve springs are you using? They appear to be DLC coated. Any idea who did the coating? How large are the cams? How many hours on the head?

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey nate , this is brett i just called but you were on the other line, just give me a shout when you get off,

·
Registered
653 Posts
Is it my eyes or do I see the springs right below the top of the buckets in that pic??

Like there are no sides to those buckets.....

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
i dont think the buckets are suppose to look like this, any help on why this would occur?
Your correct (not supposed to look like this) without actually seeing the cams no one could state whether you need to replace them, they could only state their opinion... The shim buckets are a diffinent for sure...

Improper valve lash for the intake & exhaust... Extreme lift cams... Oil...

Also per the picture it appears your not using shim buckets as it looks like you can see the springs in the picture...

·
Registered
158 Posts
make sure your bucket move in the head if the coating is to tick they wont move freely and it will do this

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
make sure your bucket move in the head if the coating is to tick they wont move freely and it will do this
X 2... I had a brand new set of DLC Shim Buckets that wouldn't move freely, I replaced them with another brand new set... The tolerances are extremely close...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts